VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING (VILT)
GREEN HYDROGEN PROJECTS & CONTRACTS
12 - 14 JULY 2021 | 3 half-day training, 4 hours per session (total 12 hours)
About The Course
The hydrogen economy is taking shape across the globe in a variety of forms and possible project setups. Each of these project setups has corresponding contractual and operational aspects that need to be set with the right risk allocation to ensure the project is successful. This course prepares participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to choose the right contractual setup and to be able to negotiate the adequate risk allocation and related mitigation measures. It covers the possible green hydrogen project setups and the corresponding contractual structure from the procurement of green power to the transportation and sale of green hydrogen, therefore covering the entire value chain of each possible project setup. It provides participants with knowledge and skills that can be applied across geographies therefore preparing them for the global hydrogen market in the making.
SGD 2,300 / USD 1,679 for 3 half-days, per participant
SGD 2,500 / USD 1,825 for 3 half-days, per participant
- Understand the project setup and contractual structure of the most common green hydrogen projects from procurement of renewable energy to sale and supply of hydrogen
- Learn the fundamentals of green hydrogen, its properties, technology, market trends, and policy
- Learn how to structure contracts and risk allocation of different green hydrogen projects, procurement of renewable energy, transport of green hydrogen, and sale of green hydrogen
- Understand latest market developments around green hydrogen, including a clear international perspective of its potential across geographies
Who Should Attend
The course is ideal for participants working across hydrogen projects across the entire hydrogen value chain, working in commercial, technical, regulatory, policy, strategy-related and planning functions. It is also aimed at personnel of organizations working across production, transportation and supply/sale of hydrogen in one or multiple geographies.
- Hydrogen strategy and business development functions
- Hydrogen producers
- Hydrogen transport companies
- Renewable energy producers
- Banking and finance functions
- Government ministries and departments
- Energy sector regulators
- Hydrogen equipment providers
- Hydrogen market analysis
- Anyone interested in green hydrogen business
Expert Course Faculty
Our key course expert has been involved in the renewable energy business for over a decade. Throughout his career, he worked across regulatory and policy development, as well as commercial and business development activities. His key areas of expertise include commercial development, business development and strategy activities, regulatory and policy analysis as well as market analysis.
Some of the companies he worked for include Norwegian energy major Equinor, and in the renewable energy units of German energy companies E.ON and RWE, in both business development and commercial functions. He also worked for international consultancy and advisory firm DNV-GL, supporting private and institutional clients, respectively in the sale and acquisition of energy infrastructure assets, and in the development of regulation for renewable energy and green gasses. His professional experience led him to provide risk assessment and advisory services around energy infrastructure projects for the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the European Investment Bank.
Some of the key projects he worked on include the Trans Adriatic Pipeline, a natural gas pipeline delivering natural gas from Azerbaijan to Italy. He structured the commercial terms of gas transportation agreements for the pipeline, and supported their negotiations. Additional projects include the commercial due diligence of gas storage and transportation agreements for private customers interested in the sale or purchase of natural gas infrastructure assets. He lately structured the commercial terms and agreements for the sale of renewable energy across several countries in Europe for a variety of corporate customers across different industries, and developed business cases for the provision of flexibility services to power grid operators.
His experience in both the renewable energy and natural gas sectors gave him the necessary knowledge to understand the latest developments in the hydrogen business worldwide. Working in the renewable energy business also allowed him to work on real-life projects to produce green hydrogen, and exploit its market potential. He has consequently trained professionals on the emerging business models, projects and related contractual structures around hydrogen.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Green hydrogen value chain & hydrogen fundamentals
Project setup for green power procurement
Project setup for green hydrogen transport option
Project setup for green hydrogen sale and supply agreements
Hydrogen supply contracts – structure & terms and conditions (pricing options, volume, delivery points, liabilities), risk allocation and mitigation measures
Overview of synergies across project and contractual setups
This training course will be conducted as a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Delegates will receive a confirmation email after successful registration.
Soft copy course materials & Certification of Completion will be provided to registered participants.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan