VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING (VILT)
UTILITY COMMERCIAL, INDUSTRIAL & COMMUNITY SCALE ENERGY STORAGE (U/C&I/CES) SYSTEMS 3.0
System Design, Specification, Project Implementation & The Future of U/ C
&I /CES Systems
18 - 19 MARCH 2021 | 2 half-day training, 4.5 hours per session (total 9 hours)
About The Course
This course will allow participants to gain more practical and theoretical knowledge about Utility Commercial, Industrial and & Community Energy Storage Systems (U/C&I/CESS) with a focus on Types of System designs, System Specification, Project Implementation and The Future of U/C&I/CESystems.
SGD 3,299 / USD 2,408 for 2 half-days, 2 participants
SGD 3,499 / USD 2,554 for 2 half-days, 2 participants
Participants in this course will upon completion of this course, be able to:
- Define & explain the Types of U/C&I/CES System Designs
- Describe and identify
- Identify and Describe the Major Manufacturers of U/C&I/CES Systems
- Describe the Specification of U/C&I/CES Systems
- Correctly present the elements of Project Implementation
- Recommend the appropriate members of a project team (In House and Outside Consultants)
- Identify and describe the required site preparation issues for a Project
- Explain the Operation and Maintenance issures for of a U/C&I/CES System
- Define and explain the Commissioning of a U/C&I/CES System
- Demonstrate proper safety procedures when installing a U&CES systems
- Explain various Ideas for offering or reviewing Energy Storage RFP’s
- Relate and develop some of the Future Concepts in U/C&I/CES Systems
Who Should Attend
- Government policy makers
- Project Developers and Administrators
- University Professors and Administrators
- Project managers
Expert Course Faculty
Our first trainer is the CEO of Great Northern Solar and is a NABCEP certified Photovoltaic Installation Professional. He has been an instructor with the Midwest Renewable Energy Institute since 1993 Teaching advanced Photovoltaic (PV) design and installation and is an IREC Certified Master Trainer (TM) in Photovoltaic Technologies. He was the primary curriculum developer for the MREI Photovoltaic courses at the Institutes inception.
A strong advocate for clean energy production, he volunteers with the Midwest Renewable Energy Association, the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (board of directors member 2004-2014, Chair of the Nominations Committee-current) and with the Northern Futures Foundation. The trainer has been designing, specifying, installing and operating Battery based Solar Electric systems (PV) for over 30 years. He has lived “off-Grid” for over 26 years where he runs his business Great Northern Solar.
He has been training contractors, administrators and officials in the operation of PV systems including those employing storage for over 26 years. In the last 5 years he has been investigating and developing trainings for the application of energy storage in commercial and other large applications. With the development of Lithium Ion and other advanced battery technologies he has begun to consult and present trainings in battery design and deployment for the commercial market.
Our second trainer is passionate about renewable energy and enthusiastic about sustainable solutions through technology and innovation. After completing his undergraduate education at the University of Massachusetts, he entered technical sales of renewable energy products 2006 with a focus on off grid renewable energy projects around the world.
Several years later, while working for Kyocera he shifted focus to grid connected commercial and utility scale solar project development. The trainer joined Panasonic in 2016 and helped to launch two new product lines (high efficiency solar panels and lithium-ion stationary storage systems) and create a ground up sales channel for the Eco Solutions division.
In 2018, he joined the team at Stem to develop commercial and utility scale energy storage systems controlled by Stem’s Athena artificial intelligence platform. At present he is kicking off a new venture developing and acquiring solar plus storage projects in North America for a newly formed IPP, Aypa Power, backed by the Blackstone Group.
With over fourteen years of experience in renewable energy sales and business development, he is excited to share his knowledge of solar and energy storage systems.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Types of System Design
Project Implementation – Team review, Site Prep, Commissioning, Operation and O&M
Call to action issues – RFP Process
Future Concepts – Electric Vehicles, Blockchain, Additional aspects of Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things
This training course will be conducted as a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Delegates will receive a confirmation email after successful registration.
Soft copy course materials & Certification of Completion will be provided to registered participants.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan