VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING (VILT)
COMMISSIONING AND START-UP ACTIVITIES OF COAL POWER PLANTS
08 - 12 NOVEMBER 2021 | 5 half-day training, 4 hours per session (total 20 hours)
About The Course
This course provides a comprehensive understanding of all the commissioning and start-up activities of coal power plants. The Commissioning Management System of coal power plants is covered in detail in this course. This includes all the commissioning procedures and documents, purpose of commissioning, responsibilities, system description, organization, working parties, test teams, documentation, testing and commissioning schedules, test reports, safety, plant certification, and plant completion report.
This course also provides a thorough understanding of all the commissioning requirements for boiler and auxiliaries, turbines and auxiliaries, generator and auxiliaries, electrical equipment, switchgear equipment, switchgear, and transformers. All the stages of the commissioning procedure will be covered in-depth. This includes preparation – planning various activities, pre-commissioning checks and tests, typical commissioning schedule, detailed tests and commissioning procedures and instructions for every component in a coal power plant, instrumentation, trial run of the equipment, safety and precautions, commissioning of coal power plant systems, Safety Rules Clearance Certificates, procedure for the control and handling of defects, Commissioning Reports.
This course is a MUST for anyone who is involved in the pre-commissioning or commissioning of any coal power plant equipment because it provides detailed pre-commissioning checks and tests and detailed tests and commissioning procedures and instructions for every component in a coal power plant. In addition, the course provides in-depth coverage of all preparation, planning activities, commissioning schedules, trial run of each coal power plant equipment, safety and precautions, Safety Rules Clearance Certificates, Procedures for handling defects, and Commissioning Reports.
SGD 3,099 for 5 days
SGD 3,299 for 5 days
- Pre-Commissioning Checks and Tests, Detailed Tests and Commissioning Procedures and Instructions for Every Equipment in Coal Power Plants: Gain a thorough understanding of all pre-commissioning checks and tests, and all commissioning procedures and instructions for every equipment in coal power plants
- Commissioning Management System of Coal Power Plants: Discover the benefits of the Commissioning Management System of coal power plants including all commissioning procedures and documents, purpose of commissioning, responsibilities, system description, organization, working parties, test teams, documentation, testing and commissioning schedules, test reports, safety, plant certification, and plant completion report
- Commissioning Procedures and Instructions for Boiler and Auxiliaries in Coal Power Plants: Learn about the commissioning procedures and instructions for boiler and auxiliaries including all commissioning activities, typical commissioning schedule, hydraulic test and wet preservation, air and gas tightness test, trial run of equipment, electronic precipitators, fuel oil system, preparation for first light up, alkali boil – out, acid cleaning and passivation, thermal flow test of economizer, water walls, and superheater, valves, steam boiling, safety valve setting, and soot blowers.
- Commissioning Procedures and Instructions for Turbine and Auxiliaries: Gain a thorough understanding of all the commissioning procedures and instructions for turbine and auxiliaries including acid cleaning of oil pipelines, lubrication and governing system (oil flushing and hydraulic testing), jacking oil system, governing system, regenerative system, barring gear, vacuum tightness test, first rolling of turbine and data logging
- Commissioning Procedures and Instructions for Generator and Auxiliaries: Discover all the commissioning procedures and instructions for generator and auxiliaries including generator, seal oil system, hydrogen gas system, stator water system, rolling and payment of generator
- Commissioning Procedures and Instructions for Electrical Equipment: Learn about all the commissioning procedures and instructions for electrical equipment including switchyard equipment, switchgear, transformers, and motors
- Coal Power Plant Equipment and Systems: Learn about various coal power plant equipment and systems including: boilers, superheaters, reheaters, steam turbines, governing systems, deaerators, feedwater heaters, coal-handling equipment, transformers, generators and auxiliaries
Who Should Attend
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
Expert Course Faculty
Your specialist course leader has more than 32 years of practical engineering experience with Ontario Power Generation (OPG), one of the largest electric utility in North America. He was previously involved in research on power generation equipment with Atomic Energy of Canada Limited at their Chalk River and Whiteshell Nuclear Research Laboratories.
While working at OPG, he acted as a Training Manager, Engineering Supervisor, System Responsible Engineer and Design Engineer. During the period of time, he worked as a Field Engineer and Design Engineer, he was responsible for the operation, maintenance, diagnostics, and testing of gas turbines, steam turbines, generators, motors, transformers, inverters, valves, pumps, compressors, instrumentation and control systems. Further, his responsibilities included designing, engineering, diagnosing equipment problems and recommending solutions to repair deficiencies and improve system performance, supervising engineers, setting up preventive maintenance programs, writing Operating and Design Manuals, and commissioning new equipment.
Later, he worked as the manager of a section dedicated to providing training for the staff at the power stations. The training provided by him covered in detail the various equipment and systems used in power stations.
In addition, he has taught courses and seminars to more than four thousand working engineers and professionals around the world, specifically Europe and North America. He has been consistently ranked as “Excellent” or “Very Good” by the delegates who attended his seminars and lectures.
He written 5 books for working engineers from which 3 have been published by McGraw-Hill, New York. Below is a list of the books authored by him;
- Power Generation Handbook: Gas Turbines, Steam Power Plants, Co-generation, and Combined Cycles, second edition, (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, October 2011.
- Electrical Equipment Handbook (600 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, March 2003.
- Power Plant Equipment Operation and Maintenance Guide (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, January 2012.
- Industrial Instrumentation and Modern Control Systems (400 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999).
- Industrial Equipment (600 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999).
Furthermore, he has received the following awards:
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by PowerEdge, Singapore, in December 2016
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by the Professional Development Center at University of Toronto (May, 1996).
- The “Excellence in Teaching Award” in April 2007 offered by TUV Akademie (TUV Akademie is one of the largest Professional Development centre in world, it is based in Germany and the United Arab Emirates, and provides engineering training to engineers and managers across Europe and the Middle East).
- Awarded graduation “With Distinction” from Dalhousie University when completed Bachelor of Engineering degree (1983).
Lastly, he was awarded his Bachelor of Engineering Degree “with distinction” from Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. He also received a Master of Applied Science in Engineering (M.A.Sc.) from the University of Ottawa, Canada. He is also a member of the Association of Professional Engineers in the province of Ontario, Canada.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Commissioning Management System
Commissioning of Boiler and Auxiliaries
Commissioning of Electrostatic Precipitators
Commissioning of Fuel Oil System
Preparation for First Light Up
Turbine and Auxiliaries
Check List of First Rolling of Turbine
Stator Water System
Generator and Auxiliaries
Transformer Pre-Commissioning Tests
This training course will be conducted as a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Delegates will receive a confirmation email after successful registration.
Soft copy course materials & Certification of Completion will be provided to registered participants.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan