VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING (VILT)
COMPRESSORS AND PUMPS
16 - 20 AUGUST 2021 | 5 half-day training, 4 hours per session (total 20 hours)
About The Course
This course will provide a comprehensive understanding of the various types of reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors including piston pumps, plunger pumps, rotary pumps, screw pumps, two- and three-lobe pumps, cam pumps, vane pumps, bellows-type metering pumps, diaphragm pumps, canned motor pumps, centrifugal pumps, as well as trunk piston compressors, sliding crosshead piston compressors, diaphragm compressors, rotary screw compressors, straight lobe compressors, sliding vane compressors, liquid ring compressors, centrifugal, and axial compressors.
Bearings will also be covered thoroughly. This course will focus on maximizing the efficiency, reliability, and longevity of this equipment by providing an understanding of the characteristics, selection criteria, common problems and repair techniques, preventive and predictive maintenance.
This course is a MUST for anyone who is involved in the selection, applications, or maintenance of reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps or compressors because it covers how this equipment operates, the latest maintenance techniques, and provides guidelines and rules that ensure the successful operation of this equipment.
In addition, this course will cover in detail the basic design, operating characteristics, specification, selection criteria, advanced fault detection techniques, critical components and all preventive and predictive maintenance methods in order to increase reliability of the equipment, and reduce the operation and maintenance cost.
This course will provide the following information for all reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors:
- Basic Design
- Selection Criteria
- Sizing Calculations
- Enclosures and Sealing Arrangements
- Codes and Standards
- Common Operational Problems
- All Diagnostics, Troubleshooting, Testing, and Maintenance
SGD 3,099 / USD 2,262 for 5 half-days, per participant
SGD 3,299 / USD 2,408 for 5 half-days, per participant
- Equipment Operation: Gain a thorough understanding of the operating characteristics of reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors
- Equipment Diagnostics and Inspection: Learn in detail all the diagnostic techniques and inspections required of critical components of reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors
- Equipment Testing: Understand thoroughly all the tests required for the various types of reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors
- Equipment Maintenance and Troubleshooting: Determine all the maintenance and troubleshooting activities required to minimize the downtime and operating cost of reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors
- Equipment Repair and Refurbishment: Gain a detailed understanding of the various methods used to repair and refurbish reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors
- Efficiency, Reliability, and Longevity: Learn the various methods used to maximize the efficiency, reliability, and longevity of reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors
- Equipment Sizing: Gain a detailed understanding of all the calculations and sizing techniques used for reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors
- Design Features: Understand all the design features that improve the efficiency and reliability of reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors
- Equipment Selection: Learn how to select reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors by using the performance characteristics and selection criteria that you will learn in this seminar
- Equipment Enclosures and Sealing Methods Learn about the various types of enclosures and sealing arrangements used for reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors
- Equipment Commissioning: Understand all the commissioning requirements for reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors
- Equipment Codes and Standards: Learn all the codes and standards applicable for reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors
- Equipment Causes and Modes of Failure: Understand the causes and modes of failure of reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumps and compressors
- System Design: Learn all the requirements for designing different types of reciprocating, rotary, and centrifugal pumping and compressing systems
Who Should Attend
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
Expert Course Faculty
Your specialist course leader has more than 32 years of practical engineering experience with Ontario Power Generation (OPG), one of the largest electric utility in North America. He was previously involved in research on power generation equipment with Atomic Energy of Canada Limited at their Chalk River and Whiteshell Nuclear Research Laboratories.
While working at OPG, he acted as a Training Manager, Engineering Supervisor, System Responsible Engineer and Design Engineer. During the period of time, he worked as a Field Engineer and Design Engineer, he was responsible for the operation, maintenance, diagnostics, and testing of gas turbines, steam turbines, generators, motors, transformers, inverters, valves, pumps, compressors, instrumentation and control systems. Further, his responsibilities included designing, engineering, diagnosing equipment problems and recommending solutions to repair deficiencies and improve system performance, supervising engineers, setting up preventive maintenance programs, writing Operating and Design Manuals, and commissioning new equipment.
Later, he worked as the manager of a section dedicated to providing training for the staff at the power stations. The training provided by him covered in detail the various equipment and systems used in power stations.
In addition, he has taught courses and seminars to more than four thousand working engineers and professionals around the world, specifically Europe and North America. He has been consistently ranked as “Excellent” or “Very Good” by the delegates who attended his seminars and lectures.
He written 5 books for working engineers from which 3 have been published by McGraw-Hill, New York. Below is a list of the books authored by him;
- Power Generation Handbook: Gas Turbines, Steam Power Plants, Co-generation, and Combined Cycles, second edition, (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, October 2011.
- Electrical Equipment Handbook (600 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, March 2003.
- Power Plant Equipment Operation and Maintenance Guide (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, January 2012.
- Industrial Instrumentation and Modern Control Systems (400 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999)
- Industrial Equipment (600 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999).
Furthermore, he has received the following awards:
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by PowerEdge, Singapore, in December 2016
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by the Professional Development Center at University of Toronto (May, 1996).
- The “Excellence in Teaching Award” in April 2007 offered by TUV Akademie (TUV Akademie is one of the largest Professional Development centre in world,it is based in Germany and the United Arab Emirates, and provides engineering training to engineers and managers across Europe and the Middle East).
- Awarded graduation “With Distinction” from Dalhousie University when completed Bachelor of Engineering degree (1983).
Lastly, he was awarded his Bachelor of Engineering Degree “with distinction” from Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. He also received a Master of Applied Science in Engineering (M.A.Sc.) from the University of Ottawa, Canada. He is also a member of the Association of Professional Engineers in the province of Ontario, Canada.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Centrifugal pump mechanical seals
Positive displacement pumps
Troubleshooting of pumps
Pumping system calculations
Compressor types and applications
Dynamic compressors performance
Surge Prevention Systems and Testing
Vibration Analysis and Predictive Maintenance
This training course will be conducted as a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Delegates will receive a confirmation email after successful registration.
Soft copy course materials & Certification of Completion will be provided to registered participants.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan