VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING (VILT)
DESIGN OF CIRCULATING FLUIDIZED BED BOILERS
26 - 30 APRIL 2021 | 5 half-day training, 4 hours per session (total 20 hours)
About The Course
This course will provide a comprehensive understanding of the design of circulating fluidized bed (CFB) boilers. The design of all CFB boiler components and equipment including furnace, cyclones, economizers, superheaters, reheaters, loop seals, expansion joints, refractory, and L-valves will be covered in detail. All potential operating problems and major operating problems, corrective actions and maintenance required for CFB boilers will be covered thoroughly.
This course will focus on designing CFB boilers that have the highest efficiency, and maximum longevity and capacity factor. All the common problems encountered in CFB Boilers will be discussed in detail. This includes thermally induced failures, anchor system induced failures, water walls tube failures, NMEJ damages, clinker formation, refractory damages, APH tube chock-up, erosion and corrosion. The solutions to each of these problems will be presented. All repair and refurbishment methods, preventive and predictive maintenance required for CFB boilers will be covered in-depth.
Several studies have confirmed that CFB boilers are the best method for power generation. This is due to their fuel flexibility, and lowest electricity cost among all types of boilers. This technology is in great demand due to various other advantages such as lower emissions as compared to other types of boilers and has a carbon footprint well below the norms laid down by the World Bank emission requirements.
This course is a MUST for anyone who is involved in the design, operation or maintenance of circulating fluidized bed boilers, because it covers how these boilers are designed and provides guidelines and rules that ensure the CFB boilers have great performance. This course will also provide up-dated information in respect to the design of supercritical once-through CFB boilers and ultra supercritical CFB boilers.
SGD 3,099/ USD 2,262 for 5 half-days, per participant
SGD 3,299 / USD 2,408 for 5 half-days, per participant
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Design: Gain a thorough understanding of the best design methods of circulating fluidized bed boilers.
- Design of Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Components and Systems: Learn all the techniques used to design CFB boiler equipment and systems including furnace, cyclones, economizers, superheaters, reheaters, loop seals, expansion joints, refractory, and L-valves.
- Design of Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler to Achieve Highest Efficiency, and Best Performance and Economics: Gain a thorough understanding of all the methods used to design CFB boilers having the highest efficiency, longevity and capacity factor as well as best economics.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Equipment: Learn about various equipment of circulating fluidized bed boilers including: furnaces, cyclones, economizers, superheaters, reheaters, ammonia injection systems, electrostatic precipitators, polishing dry scrubbers, fuel and sorbent feeding systems, bottom ash handling and extraction systems and materials.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Environmental Emissions: Learn about the monitoring and control of environmental emissions from circulating fluidized boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Instrumentation and Control Systems: Learn about the latest instrumentation and control systems of circulating fluidized bed boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Reliability and Testing: Increase your knowledge of predictive and preventive maintenance, reliability and testing of circulating fluidized bed boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Selection and Applications: Gain a detailed understanding of the selection considerations and applications of circulating fluidized bed boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Maintenance: Learn all the maintenance activities required for circulating fluidized bed boilers, to minimize their operating cost and maximize their efficiency, reliability, and longevity.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Refurbishment, and Life Extension Methods: Learn about life cycle cost, profitability, refurbishment, and life extension methods for all types of circulating fluidized bed boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Commissioning: Understand all the commissioning requirements of circulating fluidized bed boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Codes and Standards: Learn all the codes and standards applicable for circulating fluidized bed boilers.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
Expert Course Faculty
Your specialist course leader has more than 32 years of practical engineering experience with Ontario Power Generation (OPG), one of the largest electric utility in North America. He was previously involved in research on power generation equipment with Atomic Energy of Canada Limited at their Chalk River and Whiteshell Nuclear Research Laboratories.
While working at OPG, he acted as a Training Manager, Engineering Supervisor, System Responsible Engineer and Design Engineer. During the period of time, he worked as a Field Engineer and Design Engineer, he was responsible for the operation, maintenance, diagnostics, and testing of gas turbines, steam turbines, generators, motors, transformers, inverters, valves, pumps, compressors, instrumentation and control systems. Further, his responsibilities included designing, engineering, diagnosing equipment problems and recommending solutions to repair deficiencies and improve system performance, supervising engineers, setting up preventive maintenance programs, writing Operating and Design Manuals, and commissioning new equipment.
Later, he worked as the manager of a section dedicated to providing training for the staff at the power stations. The training provided by him covered in detail the various equipment and systems used in power stations.
In addition, he has taught courses and seminars to more than four thousand working engineers and professionals around the world, specifically Europe and North America. He has been consistently ranked as “Excellent” or “Very Good” by the delegates who attended his seminars and lectures.
He written 5 books for working engineers from which 3 have been published by McGraw-Hill, New York. Below is a list of the books authored by him;
- Power Generation Handbook: Gas Turbines, Steam Power Plants, Co-generation, and Combined Cycles, second edition, (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York
- Electrical Equipment Handbook (600 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York
- Power Plant Equipment Operation and Maintenance Guide (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York
- Industrial Instrumentation and Modern Control Systems (400 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing
- Industrial Equipment (600 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing
Furthermore, he has received the following awards:
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by PowerEdge, Singapore, in December 2016
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by the Professional Development Center at University of Toronto (May, 1996).
- The “Excellence in Teaching Award” in April 2007 offered by TUV Akademie (TUV Akademie is one of the largest Professional Development centre in world, it is based in Germany and the United Arab Emirates, and provides engineering training to engineers and managers across Europe and the Middle East).
- Awarded graduation “With Distinction” from Dalhousie University when completed Bachelor of Engineering degree (1983).
Lastly, he was awarded his Bachelor of Engineering Degree “with distinction” from Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. He also received a Master of Applied Science in Engineering (M.A.Sc.) from the University of Ottawa, Canada. He is also a member of the Association of Professional Engineers in the province of Ontario, Canada.
TESTIMONIALS FROM PAST PARTICIPANTS
“I’ve learned a lot in this course. The speaker is very well-versed in the topic and very eager for us to learn on the subject matter.” – Engineering Specialist (I&C), Palm Conception Power Corporation
“A well thought subject which gives a clear picture on the design of CFB.” – Mechanical Sup., Therma South Inc.
“My first-hand experience about this topic, now I have a better understanding of CFB design.” – Maintenance Specialist, Palm Conception Power Corporation
This training course will be conducted as a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Delegates will receive a confirmation email after successful registration.
Soft copy course materials & Certification of Completion will be provided to registered participants.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan