VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING (VILT)
EXTENSIVE LM2500 and LM6000 GAS TURBINE TRAINING
13 - 16 JULY, 20 - 21 JULY 2020 | 14:00 - 19:00 (GMT+8) DAILY
About The Course
This course is intended for customer personnel concerned with day-to-day on-site operations and maintenance of the several GE LM2500/PGT25 and LM6000 aero-derivative gas turbine models. The purpose of the training is to provide the knowledge required to ensure consistent, trouble-free performance from the engine and its associated equipment.
This course will cover LM2500, LM2500+, LM2500+G4, LM6000PA up to LM6000PF Gas Turbines.
SGD 2,200 for 6 days
SGD 400 for Session 1 (13 July)
SGD 600 for Session 2 (14 & 15 July)
SGD 600 for Session 3 (16 & 17 July)
SGD 600 for Session 4 (20 July)
- How a Gas Turbine works
- The construction of the LM2500 and LM6000 including where the important and/or relevant component is located
- The LM2500 and LM6000 axial flow compressors including what is causing stall and surge
- The Variable Geometry Control systems
- The combustion systems (SAC & DLE)
- The Turbine sections
- The Auxiliary systems
- The LM2500 and LM6000 Operations
- The LM2500 and LM6000 maintenance philosophy
- How to read and use the Operation and Maintenance manuals including the IPB (Illustrated Parts Breakdown Book)
- The LM2500 and LM6000 gas turbine control system principles
- Troubleshooting and Practical Cases
After completion of this training, the delegates will know the principles, the construction, the auxillary systems, the operation and maintenance aspects of the LM2500, and LM6000 (SAC & DLE) gas turbines. The participant will also be introduced to the gas turbine control and protection systems.
Who Should Attend
Operators and Maintenance engineers (mechanical as well as I&C).
In general this course is applicable to those who need an in-depth understanding of the LM2500/PGT25 AND LM6000 gas turbines and the related auxiliary systems. The training course is also meant for employees of companies that are (future) end users of LM gas turbines or contractors that operate the gas turbines on behalf of those companies.
Entry Level: The course participants should have some basic knowledge of operation and maintenance of rotating equipment, not necessarily gas turbines.
Expert Course Faculty
The trainer is originally educated as a Merchant Marine Chief Engineer in both Diesel Engines and Steam Turbines.
After his 11 years career in the Merchant Marine he has been a teacher at Merchant Marine Academy, worked in a large combined cycle power plant and for over 20 years for a GE licensed gas turbine manufacturer/packager/service provider for heavy-duty and LM gas turbines, first as service engineer and later as contract manager, project engineer and trainer/training manager.
Currently he is a trainer and education & training manager at a certified gas turbine service provider. They provide gas turbine spare parts, troubleshooting & problem solving, hot section exchanges, engine overhaul consultancy, control system retrofits, remote condition monitoring & training.
How a Gas Turbine works
The LM2500 & LM6000 Compressor, Combustion and Turbine Sections
The Auxiliary Systems
Operations and the Maintenance Philosophy
The Gas Turbine Control System Principles
Troubleshooting and Practical Case
Introduction to the Generator
This training course will be conducted as a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Delegates will receive a confirmation email after successful registration. Delegates may choose to attend the full course (6 days) or select individual sessions below for this training session.
> Session 1 – 13 July 2020
> Session 2 – 14 & 15 July 2020
> Session 3 – 16 & 17 July 2020
> Session 4 – 20 July 2020
Soft copy course materials will be shared to the participants prior to the session. A hard copy Certification of Completion will be mailed after the course.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan