VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING (VILT)
MAINTENANCE OF ROTATING EQUIPMENT
08 - 10 JULY 2020 | 08:00 - 12:00 (GMT+8) DAILY
About The Course
This course will provide a comprehensive understanding of the diagnostic testing, troubleshooting, maintenance and refurbishment of all rotating equipment including centrifugal pumps, centrifugal and axial compressors, steam and gas turbines.
This course will focus on maximizing the efficiency, reliability, and longevity of this equipment by providing an understanding of the common problems and repair techniques, preventive and predictive maintenance of all rotating equipment.
This course is a MUST for anyone who is involved in diagnostic testing, troubleshooting, or maintenance of rotating equipment because it covers the various maintenance strategies, troubleshooting techniques, and the latest testing and refurbishment methods of all rotating equipment. The course provides also guidelines and rules that ensure successful refurbishment of rotating equipment.
In addition, this course will cover in detail advanced fault detection techniques, critical components and all preventive and predictive maintenance methods of rotating equipment in order to increase their reliability and reduce their operation and maintenance cost.
This course will provide the following information for all rotating equipment:
- Diagnostic Testing Techniques
- Troubleshooting Methods
- Latest Maintenance Strategies
- Modern Refurbishment Methods
- Enclosures and Sealing Arrangements
- Codes and Standards
- Common Operational Problems
- All Predictive and Preventive Maintenance Methods
- Performance Surveillance Methods
SGD 2,100 for 3 days
SGD 800 per day/topic*
*Avail all 3 days/topics to enjoy SGD 300 discount
- Equipment Maintenance: Gain a thorough understanding of the latest maintenance strategies of rotating equipment
- Equipment Diagnostics and Inspection: Learn in detail all the diagnostic techniques and inspections required for critical components of rotating equipment
- Equipment Testing: Understand thoroughly all the tests required for the various types of rotating equipment
- Equipment Troubleshooting: Determine all the troubleshooting activities required to minimize the downtime and operating cost of rotating equipment
- Equipment Repair and Refurbishment: Gain a detailed understanding of the various methods used to repair and refurbish rotating equipment
- Efficiency, Reliability, and Longevity: Learn the various methods used to maximize the efficiency, reliability, and longevity of rotating equipment
- Equipment Performance Surveillance: Gain a detailed understanding of the various methods used to perform performance surveillance on rotating equipment
- Design Features: Understand all the design features that improve the efficiency and reliability of rotating equipment
- Equipment Enclosures and Sealing Methods Learn about the various types of enclosures and sealing arrangements used for rotating equipment
- Equipment Commissioning: Understand all the commissioning requirements for rotating equipment
- Equipment Codes and Standards: Learn all the codes and standards applicable for rotating equipment
- Equipment Causes and Modes of Failure: Understand the causes and modes of failure of rotating equipment
Who Should Attend
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
Expert Course Faculty
Our expert has been a teacher at University of Toronto and Dalhousie University, Canada for more than 25 years. In addition, he has taught courses and seminars to more than four thousand working engineers and professionals around the world, specifically Europe and North America. He has been consistently ranked as “Excellent” or “Very Good” by the delegates who attended his seminars and lectures.
He wrote 5 books for working engineers from which three have been published by McGraw-Hill, New York. Below is a list of the books authored by him:
- Power Generation Handbook: Gas Turbines, Steam Power Plants, Co-generation, and Combined Cycles, second edition, (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, October 2011.
- Electrical Equipment Handbook (600 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, March 2003.
- Power Plant Equipment Operation and Maintenance Guide (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, January 2012.
- Industrial Instrumentation and Modern Control Systems (400 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999).
- Industrial Equipment (600 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999).
Furthermore, he has received the following awards:
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by PowerEdge Asia Training center, Singapore, December 2016
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by the Professional Development Center at University of Toronto (May, 1996).
- The “Excellence in Teaching Award” in April 2007 offered by TUV Akademie (TUV Akademie is one of the largest Professional Development centre in world, it is based in Germany and the United Arab Emirates, and provides engineering training to engineers and managers across Europe and the Middle East).
- Awarded graduation “With Distinction” from Dalhousie University when completed Bachelor of Engineering degree (1983).
- Entrance Scholarship to University of Ottawa (1984).
- Natural Science and Engineering Research Counsel (NSERC) scholarship towards graduate studies – Master of Applied Science in Engineering (1984 – 1985).
Our specialist performed research on power generation equipment with Atomic Energy of Canada Limited at their Chalk River and Whiteshell Nuclear Research Laboratories. He also has more than 32 years of practical engineering experience with Ontario Power Generation (OPG – formerly, Ontario Hydro – the largest electric utility in North America). He retired from OPG in November 2016.
While working at Ontario Hydro, he acted as a Training Manager, Engineering Supervisor, System Responsible Engineer and Design Engineer. During the period of time, he worked as a Field Engineer and Design Engineer, he was responsible for the operation, maintenance, diagnostics, and testing of gas turbines, steam turbines, generators, motors, transformers, inverters, valves, pumps, compressors, instrumentation and control systems. Further, his responsibilities included designing, engineering, diagnosing equipment problems and recommending solutions to repair deficiencies and improve system performance, supervising engineers, setting up preventive maintenance programs, writing Operating and Design Manuals, and commissioning new equipment.
Later, he worked as the manager of a section dedicated to providing training for the staff at the power stations. The training provided by him covered in detail the various equipment and systems used in power stations.
Lastly, he was awarded his Bachelor of Engineering Degree “with distinction” from Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. He also received a Master of Applied Science in Engineering (M.A.Sc.) from the University of Ottawa, Canada. He is also a member of the Association of Professional Engineers in the province of Ontario, Canada.
Predictive Maintenance and Preventive Maintenance of Centrifugal Pumps
Refurbishment of Mechanical Seals and Centrifugal Pumps
Maintenance and Refurbishment of Dynamic (Centrifugal and Axial Flow) Compressors
ASME PTC6 Code
Centrifugal and Axial Flow Compressors
Testing of Steam Turbine Blades
Quality Assurance of Turbine Generator Components
Turbine Governing Systems
Steam Turbine Rotor Failures
Gas Turbine Performance Characteristics
Gas Turbine Major Inspection
Gas Turbine Instrumentation and Control Systems
This training course will be conducted as a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Delegates will receive a confirmation email after successful registration. Delegates may choose to attend the full course (3 days) or select individual sessions below for this training session.
> Session 1 – 08 July 2020
> Session 2 – 09 July 2020
> Session 3 – 10 July 2020
Soft copy course materials will be shared to the participants prior to the session. A hard copy Certification of Completion will be mailed after the course.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan