AC EHV AND HV SUBSTATION DESIGN
WEBINAR | 19 - 23 OCTOBER 2020 | 6 HOURS DAILY
About The Course
EHV and HV Substations play an important role in the electric power systems. A properly planned and designed substation is essential for the reliable operation of a power system network. A new substation would need to be built to meet the requirements of growing load and operation under changing competitive markets. Upgrading of existing substations would require a comprehensive knowledge of the substation as well as the power system.
This course covers all aspects of 500kV, to MV as integral part of EHV, voltage substation design including regulatory requirements and general design considerations from feasibility through technical specification and tendering to the detail design. Practical understanding of planning, design, technical specification application and a step by step approach of the substation design process is explained as well as details of design documentation for each design stage.
Health & safety and environmental issues relevant for the design are covered in this comprehensive course. Specifics aspects of underground substation requirements and their construction are highlighted throughout the course from planning, safety requirements to the technical specifications and installation for that particular environment.
SGD 800 per day
- Learn the latest criteria and practical techniques for the design of EHV and HV substations
- Understand a step by step approach of the substation design process from initial site survey, substation concept, technical specification to the detail design of equipment
- Gain knowledge of the technical requirements, configuration philosophies
- Gain knowledge of design practices and work processes
- Learn how to specify equipment for a new substation
- Learn how to manage substation design
- Have a comprehensive understanding of substation components
- Gain knowledge of substation layout and busbar design
- Help engineers and technicians to work with confidence to ensure continuous supply with complete reliability by minimizing interruptions
- Understand the safety considerations of substations and underground substations
- Understand the environmental aspects of substation design and critical factors involved
- Gain knowledge of reliability considerations and maintenance considerations in the design stage
- Understand the technical aspects involved in the selection of major equipment in substations
- Gain knowledge of substation earthing design
- Understand design documentation from general arrangement to schematic diagrams
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for:
- Design Engineers/Technicians
- Industrial and Utility Engineers/Technicians
- Managers of design engineering departments
- Electrical Engineers/Technicians
- Commissioning Engineers/Technicians
- Consulting Engineers/Technicians
- Planners of Power Systems
- Project Engineers
- Safety Professionals
- Others who wants knowledge of a substation design
Expert Course Faculty
In his 30 years working experience, our key expert has provided highest quality service in system planning and analysis to major transmission and distribution and transportation companies including London Underground, National Grid Company (UK), MTRC Metro in Hong Kong, West Coast Main Line connection to NG, Scottish Power, ESB-Ireland, ESKOM-South Africa, Mauritius CEB, Balkan countries – grids of Romania and former Yugoslavia, HV network ISA-Colombia, Western Power Distribution-UK, etc.
His technical expertise includes most aspects of power systems analysis, electrical asset management and railway connections to power networks where he provides solutions to technical problems and supports other field’s experts in complex assignments. He has project management skills in technical and environmental projects, as well as experience in short and long-strategic term planning, maintenance and asset management, power quality analysis of transmission and generation systems, distribution, transportation and other power networks.
Experienced in generation and network integration, electrical component of energy master plans as well as strategic asset replacement, he was also involved in load-forecast analysis and generation dispatching. Our key experts published papers on asset management based on projects and experiences in working for distribution companies in Africa and Europe.
Our key expert is very experienced in design, procurement, commissioning, erection, and refurbishment of major projects in transmission and distribution substations of up to 420 kV and hydro and thermal power plants. Served as a project manager on several major projects as well as head of the Engineering Group, our key expert was responsible for the final design, equipment specifications, layouts tender evaluation and commissioning. He has carried out conceptual development of protection and control philosophy for various projects as well as reviewed and approved project drawings and documents.
He has applied the latest IEC standards, various codes of practice and engineering recommendations. Our key expert has also specific experience in conceptual design of power supply for transportation and traction railway systems, defining the design principles and technical specifications for future design and privatization process. He has analysed quality of power supply for connection of AC and DC unbalanced load to power network and published papers on practical implementation. He carried out feasibility studies on reactive compensation (SVC and MSC) focusing on voltage variation and harmonic distortion issues.
Our key expert has performed technical and economic evaluations, cost benefit net present value analysis of various transmission and distribution schemes and electrical equipment. He has carried out a number of asset evaluation analysis on electrical equipment and published papers on asset management, reliability and maintenance.
He has performed equipment assessment and residual life prediction as part of strategic asset management analysis for a major underground transportation company in Asia. His duties also included equipment arrangement optimization in particular, reliability aspect in terms of failure rate and financial consequences as non-supplied energy to the consumers.
Substations in Power Systems
S/S Design Overview
Health and Safety
Substation Detailed Design
Design Support in Construction
This training course will be conducted as a live webinar session. Delegates will be given a link to join in the session via a confirmation email.
The hard copy of course materials will be mailed out a week prior to the session. Certification of Completion will be mailed after the course.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan