PROJECT FINANCE FINANCIAL MODELLING FOR POWER PROJECTS
16 - 18 MARCH 2020, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
practical course aimed at enabling participants to deepen their knowledge and understanding of project finance planning and modelling by providing them with the tools and skill sets needed to analyze and assess pertinent issues in the evolving and increasingly competitive energy sector. Building on your existing modelling skills, this course focuses on how to develop and use sophisticated and robust project finance models.
During the course, you will build a financial model step-by-step and then use it to perform sensitivity analysis. The emphasis will be on avoiding common mistakes found in project finance models, and how to build a model according to good financial modelling practice.
- How to build a model according to modelling best practice
- Learn how to structure a project finance model
- How to calculate capital expenditure and construction timelines
- Understand the key contracts and structures involved in project financing
- Examine project revenue structures
- Build operational cashflow statements
- Learn how to develop debt tracking accounts
- Discover the key ratios used in project finance and how to calculate them in a financial model
- How to model a range of financing structures, including cash sweeps, refinancing and bullet loans
- Build in sensitivity analysis to your models
Who Should Attend
This 3-day training course is ideal for professionals who wants a thorough grounding in project financing modelling. Professionals in corporate planning, economics, investment analyst, corporate/project finance, business development, infrastructure advisory and heads of business units will find this course useful.
As such, it represents a perfect learning experience for professionals within Utility Companies (Power, IPP, etc.), banks and finance companies, government ministries and departments, oil and energy companies, power equipment manufacturers, international finance institutions, multi-lateral and bi-lateral organizations providing services to the energy section.
You must have a practical familiarity of the following:
- The layout of Excel
- Have the ability to enter data in Excel
- Be able to use basic functions such as SUM, MIN, MAX, AVERAGE, etc.
- Have knowledge of the IF function
- Use relative and absolute references
Expert Course Faculty
The trainer is an expert in power project development, project finance and financial modelling.
Our key expert has a broad experience in the analysis of commercial contracts and structures for major projects and is an experienced financial modeller. Following an initial career in aerospace market forecasting for Asia, he became a business analyst at Rolls-Royce Power Ventures (RRPV), responsible for producing financial models and investment/contractual analysis for project finance and equity funded power projects.
For the last 10 years’, he had advised a number of companies on the development and procurement of power projects and on the structuring of the supporting contracts. Our key expert has worked on a number of power and infrastructure deals including:
- Gas fired power stations throughout the world including combined heat and power projects
- Several wind power projects in Europe
- A coal-fired power station in Africa
- A number of UK PFI health projects
- Electricity transmission networks in Eastern Europe
- Desalination projects in the Middle East
- Combined water and power projects in the Middle East
- Gas pipeline projects
- Electrical inter-connector projects
Our key expert currently works for a boutique project finance advisory firm that advises a number of clients on financing power and infrastructure projects.
TESTIMONIALS FROM PAST PARTICIPANTS
“Excellent presentation and hands on practice for better understanding.” – General Manager, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
“A very good presentation which it is easy to understand and it can be used right away.” – Engineer – Power Generation, Mott MacDonald
“I enjoyed all learnings from this training and will really be able to apply it in my work.” – AVP Controller, Aboitiz Power Group
“This course has provided an insight on good financial modelling practices, fundamentals, step by step on how to develop the model. A course must be attended by all analysts associates commercial project team members from banks, developers etc.” – Senior Analyst, YTL Power International Berhad
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan