WEBINAR | 02 - 03 APRIL 2020
About The Course
Get a firm understanding in the operation of excitation control systems along with an appreciation of the different types available and the numerous systems offered by the major manufacturers.
This two day online course is designed for electrical engineers and operational staff involved in power generation. The content is relevant for all types of generation involving synchronous machines; from traditional coal, oil, gas and hydro, to offshore and nuclear. The course will give delegates a firm understanding in the operation of excitation control systems along with an appreciation of the different types available and the numerous systems offered by the major manufacturers.
Delegates will learn about:
- Fundamentals of the synchronous machine
- The generator capability diagram
- Excitation system components
- Excitation system control theory
- Parallel operation of generators
- Brushless / Rotating excitation systems
- Static excitation systems
- Power System Stabilisers
- Transmission company compliance
- IEEE Excitation Standards
Who Should Attend
- Electrical engineers involved in power generation both onshore and offshore
- Power plant operational staff
Expert Course Faculty
The trainer has been working in the EC&I field for 29 years in a variety of industries; the last 19 of those in power generation. He has worked as a senior design engineer for Alstom Electrical Machines where he designed and commissioned excitation control systems for coal, oil, nuclear, gas and hydro generation plants from 1MW to 1,200MW worldwide. The last two years of his time at Alstom were spent as Engineering Manager for the excitation controls division.
He subsequently moved to RWE nPower as their Lead Excitation Engineer, responsible for the excitation systems of RWE’s entire UK fleet plus numerous third party utility companies.
In 2011 he set up an independent excitation system consultancy company and now provides consultancy services and training to most of the major UK utility companies, plus companies in Europe, Asia and the US.
TESTIMONIALS FROM PAST PARTICIPANTS
“Excellent course on Excitation Systems. Highly recommended” – S.Manager, TNB REMACO
“A very useful course and well organised” – Head of Electrical Engineering, Shell Refining Company
“This course very helpful and useful for those whose work related with power generation to get more understanding on excitation systems to troubleshoot and maintenance” – Engineer, TNB
This training course will be conducted as a live webinar session. Delegates will be given a link to join in the session via a confirmation email.
The hard copy of course materials will be mailed out a week prior to the session. Certification of Completion will be mailed after the course.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan