PLANNING OF SWITCHING SYSTEMS IN INDUSTRIAL NETWORKS AND CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURES
In collaboration with DNV GL.
03 - 04 DECEMBER 2019, SINGAPORE
About The Course
The right planning of a switchgear in combination with earthing and lightning protection is of elementary importance for the safe operation of an electrical grid. Making the right decisions will also ensure sage and economical operation for years to come. Some important aspects in this respect, are choosing the right design and performing regular testing e.g. of the earthing system and the external and internal lightning protection.
The objective of this course is a compact and practical illustration of planning fundamentals for switchgears in industrial networks and critical infrastructures. The necessity of detailed concepts for both external and internal lightning protection of electrical systems will also be discussed.
Practical examples will also be given to participants, to give an interesting insight into typical challenge for the planning of switchgears.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at engineering personnel working for industrial companies, public utilities and electricity companies who are involved in the design, development and/or operation of electrical grids.
Expert Course Faculties
Our first key expert has been a staff member of the “Power System Planning” department for 7 years. As an Engineer, his activities includes studying and analysing power networks. Our key expert has a special knowledge of, and vast experience in:
- Power electronics in transmission and distribution networks and planning of power electronic equipment for power quality improvement; simulation of electronic systems’ behaviour in case of sudden load changes
- Stability calculations; simulation of transient system behaviour in case of electrical disturbances; network configuration and protection design
- System solutions for industrial green field projects; design and expansion planning for industrial distribution networks
- Insulation coordination calculations
- Verification of the technical connection conditions of electricity generation at the point of common coupling
- Leading training at the DNV GL Energy Academy and ABB University for the planning, design and protection concept of industrial networks
Our key expert was a Senior Consultant from 1991 to 2012, having the responsibility of planning, tendering of network studies, and incident analysis in electrical networks. Currently, he holds the title of Principal Consultant, responsible of planning, tendering and construction supervision for electrical plants and networks for DNV GL.
Our second key expert currently leads the team for measurements and inspections belonging to the Dresden office. He has been gaining professional experiences as an electrical engineering technician, as well as measurement – and regulation mechanic since 1989. He manages all processes within his team and with customers.
Our key expert is responsible for acquisition, proposal management, as well as for project management and quality assurance. Consequently, he offers both economic and technical know-how. Our key expert is familiar with all common standards for earthing measurement, thermographic inspections and mast measurements.
Our key expert is an expert in Power Failure Investigation (PFI) as he has successfully completed PFI training courses, and gained good experiences in the investigation of failed electrical equipment in international projects. He is currently the Team Leader for earthing measurements and inspections, which holds the heavy responsibility of team leadership which includes organizational, commercial and financial responsibilities.
Network connection evaluations
Resistance to arc interference of switchgears
Design of earthing systems and potential equalization
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan