COAL HANDLING MANAGEMENT
22 - 24 JUNE 2020, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
Coal Handling is a part of the mining operation that has the potential to cause significant impact on the business’s bottom line. Without a strong management system, coal handling issues can result in loss of product tonnes, poor product quality and excessive costs.
This course provides the operators, engineers and management team the opportunity to examine the coal handling chain and establish a system of benchmarking and continuous improvement for a more efficient and productive mining operation.
- Understanding the current coal handling procedures in respect to cost management and system efficiency
- Developing a process of recording so that the coal handling management can be achieved
- Determining methods to improve efficiency and reduce costs
Who Should Attend
- Coal handling supervisors
- Coal handling management
- Coal handling engineers
Expert Course Faculty
Our key expert has over 40 years’ of experience in coal quality and coal preparation engineering. He has been involved in exploration, feasibility studies and operations in both Australia and Indonesia. Our key expert has worked extensively in mine quality, coal quality and coal technology. He has wide experience in the areas of project management, coal utilization, feasibility studies and due diligence studies. He has also conducted several training courses in Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and South Africa. He has worked as coal preparation plant manager in Australia and was a member of the Australian Coal Association Research and Development Coal Preparation Committee.
Our key expert has also lectured at both the Advanced Coal Preparation and Basic Coal Preparation courses coordinated by the Australian Coal Preparation Society. In Indonesia he has provided training courses to various coal mining companies in topics including coal quality, coal preparation and coal utilization.
Prior to PT Rizavindo Java, he has held various positions in many related organizations such as:
- Principle Coal Quality Engineer – PT SMG Consultants
- Business Development Manager – PT Marichi Luckindo
- Business Development Manager – PT Barata Energy
- Coal Technology Manager – PT Multi Resources Indonesia
- Technical Advisor – PT Sucofindo
- Technical Marketing Manager – CCI Australia
- Senior Coal Preparation Engineer – ACIRL
- Production Manager & Coal Technology Manager – Bulga Coal Management
- Metallurgist – BHP Saxonvale Mine
- Metallurgist – BHP Newcastle Steelworks CPP
- Traineeship – BHP Newcastle Steelworks
Coal Handling Management
Coal Quantity and Quality
Blending and Quality Management
Costs and Control
Efficiency and Benchmarking Best Practice
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan