TESTING & FAULT FINDING OF ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS
13 - 17 JANUARY 2020, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
The five day electrical training course will discuss the application, installation, electrical maintenance and testing issues related to low, medium, and high voltage electric circuit breakers switchgear . This will provide the delegates with a solid understanding of theory and standards so as make the delegates aware of issues concerning the proper application, installation, and maintenance of this types of equipment with a strong emphasis on safety.
Our electrical maintenance training course will cover a wide range of material starting from the basics and moving on to more complex issues.
Overall, this course will provide an overview of electrical power systems design and theory, focusing on the types of equipment used most commonly in the utility, industrial, commercial and building services applications, basic circuit breaker and transformer, motor, generator and machine construction, electrical safety and common maintenance techniques are major components of this course.
The information obtained could be passed on to the personnel working in the field and would increase the available knowledge within the departments responsible for the smooth running of the production plant.
By the end of this course the delegates will be able to:
- Understand Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Testing Systems for all Systems, Control Systems, Substation Equipment and to work safely with all systems
- Work safely around substation equipment
- Understand the operating principles associated with the covered equipment
- Understand typically used protection and control systems
- Understand the interrelationships of electrical tests
- Understanding the interpretation of test results
Who Should Attend
- Engineers (Electrical/Mechanical)
Expert Course Faculty
Our key expert has over thirty five (35) years’ experience in a technical capacity. Between 1983 and 1986, he worked for ABV Sweden/Project 624 Iraq as an Electrical Test Engineer, and later as a Project Manager at F.G. Wilson Engineering (a division of Caterpillar, USA) and in 1986, became a Managing Director for MAK Engineering Services Ltd.
Our key expert possesses a BSC in Electrical Engineering and also a Full Technological Certificate in Electrical Engineering. He has travelled extensively and has been in Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran. Recently, in addition to running his own consultancy, he has carried out many training courses in Libya for CTS and in Abu Dhabi for GASCO and ADCO.
He has been delivering Instrumentation and Electrical courses in Oman and Saudi Arabia for various Oil and Power companies. Our key expert has been delivering UPS and Power System courses for PDOC and GNPOC in Sudan, and was involved in the tendering for Power System for Khartoum Airport. He is a member of MIEIE, MFSB and the Londonderry Chamber of Commerce.
Correction selection with specification
Cables installation routeing and segregation
Cable calculations glands and selection
Fault protection systems
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan