HAZID & HAZOP WORKSHOP
About The Course
Assuring health, safety, reputation, environment, reliability, availability and integrity in power businesses is often difficult to consistently and sustainably achieve. Transmission, distribution and generation businesses are asset intensive and the implications of asset failures can have enormous implications.
Asset performance is, to a large extent, determined by the rigour of the asset design, engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning processes. Unfortunately, however, asset performance is frequently compromised through hazards that are not identified or adequately evaluated in new projects or modifications/enhancements to existing operating facilities.
HAZID and HAZOP (eHAZOP) are powerful processes to rigorously review a design, systematically identify and evaluate hazards and risks and where appropriate, identify the mitigations required.
This 3 day highly interactive webinar describes world class HAZID and HAZOP processes to help manage risks to be as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP). Most suitable for participants who are new to PHA concepts or as a refresher and also for those aspired to help facilitate such studies in their career.
The training provides participants with:
- An understanding of the scope of risk and safety studies available to the Power industry professional.
- A detailed understanding of the HAZOP/eHAZOP and HAZID processes and conditions for success
- Clarity on the roles and responsibilities of the team leader and members
- The theoretical and practical knowledge and skills to prepare and facilitate HAZOP/eHAZOP and HAZID studies
- The required knowledge for reporting the findings of these studies and the follow-up actions for progress accountability
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for Project Engineers, Project Designers, Managers and Owners of Power facilities, key Operations, Production, Maintenance, HSE, Project and Safety personnel. It is especially beneficial for participants who are new to these concepts or refreshers seeking to sharpen their skills and knowledge in PHA.
Expert Course Faculty
The trainers’ experiences includes 40 years’ experience in performing over 250 HAZOP/eHAZOP and HAZID studies and over 200 FMEA, FMECA, RCA, cHAZOP and other hazard and risk assessment studies in the Power Industry. Our key expert has also completed over 200 Power Industry consulting assignments with major organizations including:
- Canadian Generation Authority – strategic business development advisor in relation to power generation investments and major projects implementation
- Spectra Energy Canada : Development of strategic contractor management frameworks to maximize ROI and manage risk
- SERF :Development of Power Utility and Energy sector Asset Management Roundtable
- The Electrical Operating Authority Of Australia – development of Safety Management Schemes
- Solaris Power – development of Asset Management Plan for 200MW expansion facility
- Texas Energy : Realignment of Asset Management Plans (RCM, TQM, RBI) to meet global business demands
- PETRONAS (Malaysia) – Design Reviews/eHAZOP studies for 400MW Gas Turbine Generating Plant
- Gas co Abu Dhabi : Development of Electrical Engineering Masterplan and Asset Management Plans
He has completed major assignments for the energy sector at all points along the value chain. Assignments include independent review of major projects and development proposals, establishment of strategic contractor management frameworks and acting as an independent agent for owners, operators, regulators and governments to assist them in business development, service provider management and all aspects of best practice.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Overview of PSM and PHA requirements
Tools used in PHA
HAZOP / eHAZOP Methodology
HAZOP / eHAZOP Process
HAZID / HAZOP / eHAZOP Conditions for Success
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan