PREVENTING CORROSION AND WEAR USING SURFACE ENGINEERING
WEBINAR | 19 - 20 OCTOBER 2020 | 6 HOURS DAILY
About The Course
- Find out how coatings and treatments function to protect against corrosion and wear
- Understand how surface engineering can be used to up rate the performance of existing components
- Become familiar with the vast range of surface engineering technologies
- Learn how the surface treatments and coatings are applied and how to get the best result from the application process
SGD 800 per day
The objective of this course is to enable participants to:
- Understand the corrosion and wear – why and where they occur in power plants
- Learn how to identify different types of corrosion and wear, and understand how that knowledge can be employed to prolong component life
- Gain an understanding of surface engineering and how it is used to prevent corrosion and wear occurring in service
- Discover the full spectrum of surface engineering solutions from shot peening to paints, through electroplates to vapour deposition, from sprayed coatings to weld overlays and everything in between
Who Should Attend
This 2-day course is designed for maintenance engineers who wants to understand all aspects of how and why corrosion and wear occur, and how to prevent them occurring prematurely in service by the use of surface engineering.
Expert Course Faculty
Our key expert is a Partner in MorrisWatson. She has over 38 years’ experience working with the Power Industry specializing in life assessment, root cause failure diagnosis, failure prevention and remediation, specialising in the reliability of rotating equipment. She provides independent advise and expert reports for legal and insurance cases, loss adjusters and for other investigatory bodies.
Formerly, she was a Director, Power Resources for Quest Integrity Group LLC from 2009 to 2016, and had responsibility for the Power Industry projects performed globally. Prior roles included Global Group Leader for Quest Reliability Ltd, and General Manager Turbines for MPT Solutions Ltd, IRL Crown Research Institute, New Zealand. Our key expert has held several senior positions in the UK including Head of Power and Utilities for ESR Technology Ltd, formerly the Engineering, Safety and Risk Division of AEA Technology, UK which incorporated three UK National Centres of Excellence – The National Centre of Tribology, The National Non-Destructive Testing Centre and the Pump Centre (UK centre of excellence in pumps and pumping system technology).
Our key expert began his career in the power industry where her experience included involvement in power station design, build, commissioning and de-commissioning issues, root cause analysis, life assessment, maintenance, reliability, repair and failure remediation.
She has undertaken projects for coal, oil and gas-fired power plants and oil and gas installations based in UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Papua New Guinea, Chile, UAE, KSA, Australia and New Zealand.
Our key expert was one of founders of the UK National Pump Centre, a past member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers Tribology Group and was on the advisory board for the UK Pump Centre for 14 years. She was a founder and former Chair of the Gas Turbine Users Forum in Australia/New Zealand and the Geothermal Steam Turbine Users Group. She chairs and presents at industry events and devises, and presents training courses and workshops.
Corrosion and wear mechanisms
Role of lubrication in rotating equipment
Synergistics effects of corrosion
Corrosion cracking mechanisms
Surface engineering technologies
Real-life case studies
This training course will be conducted as a live webinar session. Delegates will be given a link to join in the session via a confirmation email.
The hard copy of course materials will be mailed out a week prior to the session. Certification of Completion will be mailed after the course.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan