CIRCULATING FLUIDIZED BED BOILERS
Operation, Maintenance, Performance Monitoring, Diagnostic Testing, Troubleshooting, Refurbishment, Life Extension, Common Problems and Solutions.
12 - 14 OCTOBER 2020, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
This seminar will provide a comprehensive understanding of the operation and maintenance of circulating fluidized bed (CFB) boilers. All the components of CFB boilers including furnace, cyclones, economizers, superheaters, reheaters, ammonia injection systems, electrostatic precipitators, polishing dry scrubbers, fuel and sorbent feeding systems, bottom ash handling and extraction systems, transformers and generators will be covered in detail. All operational problems, corrective actions and maintenance required for CFB boilers will be covered thoroughly. All diagnostic testing, troubleshooting, and refurbishment, procedures will be explained in detail.
The emission limits, reliability, monitoring, control systems, and commissioning procedures of CFB boilers will also be covered. This seminar will focus on maximizing the efficiency, longevity and capacity factor of CFB boilers by improving operational practices and maintenance procedures.
All the common problems encountered in CFB Boilers will be discussed in detail. This includes thermally induced failures, anchor system induced failures, water walls tube failures, NMEJ damages, clinker formation, refractory damages, APH tube chock-up, erosion and corrosion. The solutions to each of these problems will be presented. All repair and refurbishment methods, preventive and predictive maintenance required for CFB boilers will be covered in-depth.
Several studies have confirmed that CFB boilers are the best method for power generation. This is due to their fuel flexibility, and lowest electricity cost among all types of boilers. This technology is in great demand due to various other advantages such as lower emissions as compared to other types of boilers and has a carbon footprint well below the norms laid down by the World Bank emission requirements.
This seminar is a MUST for anyone who is involved in the operation or maintenance of circulating fluidized bed boilers, because it covers how this equipment operates, the latest maintenance techniques, and provides guidelines and rules that ensure successful operation of CFB boilers. This seminar will also provide up-dated information in respect to all the significant improvements that have been made to the operational practices and maintenance methods for CFB boilers during the last two decades.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Operation: Gain a thorough understanding of the best operation practices of circulating fluidized bed boilers
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Maintenance: Learn all the maintenance activities required for circulating fluidized bed boilers, to minimize their operating cost and maximize their efficiency, reliability, and longevity
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Components and Systems: Learn about all components and subsystems of the various types of circulating fluidized bed boilers
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Applications, Performance and Economics: Examine the applications, performance and economics of Circulating Fluidized Bed Boilers
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Equipment: Learn about various equipment of circulating fluidized bed boilers including: furnaces, cyclones, economizers, superheaters, reheaters, ammonia injection systems, electrostatic precipitators, polishing dry scrubbers, fuel and sorbent feeding systems, bottom ash handling and extraction systems and materials, transformers and generators
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Environmental Emissions: Learn about the monitoring and control of environmental emissions from circulating fluidized boilers
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Instrumentation and Control Systems: Learn about the latest instrumentation and control systems of circulating fluidized bed boilers
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Reliability and Testing: Increase your knowledge of predictive and preventive maintenance, reliability and testing of circulating fluidized bed boilers
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Selection and Applications: Gain a detailed understanding of the selection considerations and applications of circulating fluidized bed boilers
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Refurbishment, and Life Extension Methods: Learn about life cycle cost, profitability, refurbishment, and life extension methods for all types of circulating fluidized bed boilers
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Commissioning: Understand all the commissioning requirements of circulating fluidized bed boilers
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Codes and Standards: Learn all the codes and standards applicable for circulating fluidized bed boilers
Who Should Attend
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals (this seminar is suitable for individuals who do not have an electrical background)
Expert Course Faculty
Our expert has been a teacher at University of Toronto and Dalhousie University, Canada for more than 25 years. In addition, he has taught courses and seminars to more than four thousand working engineers and professionals around the world, specifically Europe and North America. He has been consistently ranked as “Excellent” or “Very Good” by the delegates who attended his seminars and lectures.
He wrote 5 books for working engineers from which three have been published by McGraw-Hill, New York. Below is a list of the books authored by him:
- Power Generation Handbook: Gas Turbines, Steam Power Plants, Co-generation, and Combined Cycles, second edition, (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, October 2011.
- Electrical Equipment Handbook (600 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, March 2003.
- Power Plant Equipment Operation and Maintenance Guide (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, January 2012.
- Industrial Instrumentation and Modern Control Systems (400 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999).
- Industrial Equipment (600 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999).
Furthermore, he has received the following awards:
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by PowerEdge Asia Training center, Singapore, December 2016
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by the Professional Development Center at University of Toronto (May, 1996).
- The “Excellence in Teaching Award” in April 2007 offered by TUV Akademie (TUV Akademie is one of the largest Professional Development centre in world, it is based in Germany and the United Arab Emirates, and provides engineering training to engineers and managers across Europe and the Middle East).
- Awarded graduation “With Distinction” from Dalhousie University when completed Bachelor of Engineering degree (1983).
- Entrance Scholarship to University of Ottawa (1984).
- Natural Science and Engineering Research Counsel (NSERC) scholarship towards graduate studies – Master of Applied Science in Engineering (1984 – 1985).
Our specialist performed research on power generation equipment with Atomic Energy of Canada Limited at their Chalk River and Whiteshell Nuclear Research Laboratories. He also has more than 32 years of practical engineering experience with Ontario Power Generation (OPG – formerly, Ontario Hydro – the largest electric utility in North America). He retired from OPG in November 2016.
While working at Ontario Hydro, he acted as a Training Manager, Engineering Supervisor, System Responsible Engineer and Design Engineer. During the period of time, he worked as a Field Engineer and Design Engineer, he was responsible for the operation, maintenance, diagnostics, and testing of gas turbines, steam turbines, generators, motors, transformers, inverters, valves, pumps, compressors, instrumentation and control systems. Further, his responsibilities included designing, engineering, diagnosing equipment problems and recommending solutions to repair deficiencies and improve system performance, supervising engineers, setting up preventive maintenance programs, writing Operating and Design Manuals, and commissioning new equipment.
Later, he worked as the manager of a section dedicated to providing training for the staff at the power stations. The training provided by him covered in detail the various equipment and systems used in power stations.
Lastly, he was awarded his Bachelor of Engineering Degree “with distinction” from Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. He also received a Master of Applied Science in Engineering (M.A.Sc.) from the University of Ottawa, Canada. He is also a member of the Association of Professional Engineers in the province of Ontario, Canada.
Circulating fluidized bed boiler operation
Circulating fluidized bed boiler maintenance
Circulating fluidized bed boiler components and systems
Circulating fluidized bed boiler application, performances and economics
Circulating fluidized bed boiler environmental emissions
Circulating fluidized bed boiler instrumentation and control systems
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan