VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING (VILT)
WASTE TO ENERGY
About The Course
This course covers all aspects of waste to energy systems, from the types of waste (garbage, refuse, industrial and agro wastes, etc.) to the entire set of technologies to convert the waste into valuable energy and using it for self-supply of heat and electricity or selling it based on an advantageous Power Purchase Agreement (PPA).
Waste, in almost any case, people do not want to deal with – they simply want to get rid of it. However, almost all types of waste are combustible. And waste is available at low cost or free of cost. Sometimes one even gets paid for the take-away of waste.
The training provides comprehensive information on best practice and advanced power generation technology through conditioning of waste materials and direct combustion, gasification, production and utilisation of biogas, state of the-art dumping grounds with landfill gas collection and electricity generation, and conversion of biomass wastes from agro industries like palm oil, sugar or rice mills into combined heat and power (CHP). The course also covers municipal waste incineration plants (WIP) with all its elements, like high tech grate and combustion chamber, flue gas cleaning system with filters, DeNOx and washer and details of how to meet with the strongest environment protection standards.
The comparison of waste dumping vs. waste incineration and the evaluation under economic and environmental aspects are also enclosed in detail, as well as the profitability of converting industrial wastes into valuable energy.
Project developers, governmental decision takers, non-technical professionals, support professionals or new engineering entrants into the waste based power industry have to and will grasp the language and technology in order to proactively understand the key business activities. A confident understanding of the technical jargon used and a visual understanding of the various aspects of technology, facilities and equipment provides an overall appreciation and serves as an excellent foundation for smooth communication and increased efficiency in inter-department project team work and negotiations with deliverers of components / equipment as well as customers purchasing the generated heat and electricity.
SGD 2,580 for 4 days
- Fuels for Power Generation: Learn about the fuels to be used for power generation, and become aware of the fact that worthless wastes can be used as well
- Energy, Power, Electricity: Expand your understanding of the energy needs in your ambient, your country, the world and the technical methods for generating power and electricity
- Waste, a Resource for Energies: Gain a detailed understanding of the many types of wastes – from refuse / municipal wastes to industrial and agro wastes and become familiar with the technical methods of converting waste into valuable energy
- Power Plant Technologies: Increase your knowledge on power plant technologies from best practice to most advanced units and acquire the know-how to improve your own energy system converting it into a highly efficient one
- Conditioning of Wastes for a Straightforward Utilisation: Learn about biogas plant and gasifier technology to convert solid and liquid wastes into combustible gases for an easy energetic utilisation
- Equipment for Power Generation from Wastes: Increase your knowledge of the equipment needed for power generation from wastes including: combustion chambers, steam generators, superheaters, turbines, water treatment and feed water systems, deaerators, combustion air and feedwater preheaters, and generators, as well as the layout principles of steam-condenser systems to gain highest efficiency
- Energies from Waste Dumping Grounds: Learn how to build a state-of-the-art municipal waste dumping ground and how to collect landfill gas and benefit from it through power generation
- Independent Power Producer (IPP) and Power Purchase Agreement (PPA): Expand your understanding of generating and selling electricity as IPP through using wastes as fuel and learn how to come to an advantageous PPA
- Environment Protection: Examine today’s advanced methods for landfill dumping of municipal wastes and learn how to apply state-of-the-art technologies for the prevention of hazards to the environment
- Technology and Economics of Waste to Energy in Rice Mills: Learn about the best technology to use rice husk as fuel in combustion chambers and acquire the know-how for obtaining an excellent profitability with an Internal Rate of Return of IRR > 35 % per year
- Highly Efficient Co-Generation of Heat and Power (CHP): Gain a thorough understanding and examine the advantages, applications, performance and benefits of waste fuelled power plants as well as highly efficient co-generation systems
- Practicality of Waste to Energy in Palm Oil Industries: Acquire the full know-how of not only using the fibres but all waste materials and generating 18 MW of electricity in addition to the supply of all steam and electricity to the palm oil mill
- Municipal Waste Incineration Plant (WIP): Gain a profound understanding of all sections of a WIP, the technologies used to obtain a full combustion and learn about how the built-in systems can guarantee an environment protection corresponding to best standards of the world
Who Should Attend
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Non-technical professionals
- Owners / managers of agro-business (palm oil mills, sugar, rice mills, agriculture, farming etc.)
- CEOs / managers of wood-industry (saw mills, parquet, furniture, etc.)
- Developers of Energy Master Plans
- Government and municipality executives dedicated to solving garbage / waste / refuse problems
- Sales managers
Expert Course Faculty
The trainer has more than 30 years practical engineering experience as a consultant and some 25 years as trainer and lecturer.
In his many years of working all around the globe, he has been provided highest quality services in research of new technologies, systems analysis, project planning, implementation and control as project developer, executive engineer and project leader. His technical expertise includes all relevant aspects of power systems from conventional energies like advanced coal PP to renewable like combustion of rice husk, from energy efficiency improvements to converting municipal garbage / wastes into valuable electricity up to the utilisation of nuclear fuels for energies, safety technology included.
He is an expert of combustion technologies, co-generation, combined cycle, reduction of energy costs through RUE (rational use of energy), advanced technologies for the very best energy efficiencies, the impact of energy systems on environment and climate, the stability of electricity grids, and PPA (power purchase agreements).
He is a highly experienced trainer of both, engineers and non-technical professionals, since many years. As such he has been provided more than 100 courses in the field of energy technologies, financial feasibility evaluation of projects, and safety technology of conventional plants and nuclear reactors. As an active professor at German universities in Berlin and Furtwangen (Black Forrest, he contributes to form engineers (both, Bachelor and Master degree) with lectures like “Development and Planning of Energy Projects”, “Renewable Energies & Environment Protection”, “Critical Infrastructure Electricity Supply Systems”, and “Reactor Safety Technology”. His competence is famous and proven: He is capable of explaining complex subjects and interrelationships in an understandable way.
Moreover, he is a licensed expert of “Environment Protection and Safety Technology” corresponding to §29a BImSchG (Bundes-Immissions-Schutz-Gesetz, = German Federal Act for Immission Protection).
He published teaching material on energy and environment protection as well as scientific papers and reports. He wrote several books and delivered presentations at international conferences. A selection as follows:
- “Risikobewertung von Betriebsbereichen in der Praxis” (Practicality of Risk Assessments of Industrial Establishments), Technische Sicherheit Bd. 8, Nr. 6, pp. 25-33, Springer-VDI-Verlag, ISSN 2191-007, June 2016.
- “Efficiency of Energy Systems (Electricity, Thermal Energy, Buildings, Power Generation) – Practical Case Studies for APTMA (All Pakistan Textile Mills Association)”, Report, Sept. 2014.
- “Big Potential for Additional Income in the Palm Oil Industry by sustainable Conversion of Biomass Wastes into Energy“, PowerGen Conference Kuala Lumpur, Oct 2008, Proceedings (2008).
- Lernsequenzen Energie – Unterrichtsmaterialien für die Sekundarstufe I” (Teaching materials on energy and environment protection), Metzler-Verlag, Stuttgart, 1st edition 1982, 12th edition
- Green Power From Rice Husk: The Financially Profitable Answer to Environmental Challenges“, Singapore Power Conference, Oct 2002, Proceedings (2002).
Fundamentals of Power Generation
Best Practice and Advanced Generation Technologies
Combustile Wastes for Energies
Municipal Waste – The Flood of Modern Times
Energies from Dumping Grounds
Municipal Waste Incineration Technology
Climate Change and Waste to Energy
Development and Lay-out of Biomass to Energy Systems
Best Solution for Heat & Power from Biomass Residues of Agro Industries
This training course will be conducted as a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Delegates will receive a confirmation email after successful registration.
Soft copy course materials will be shared to the participants prior to the session. A hard copy Certification of Completion will be mailed after the course.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan