EFFECTIVE PLANT TURNAROUND MANAGEMENT
Optimising your plant turnaround management strategy to exceed safety, quality, time and cost targets.
30 MARCH - 01 APRIL 2020, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
Turnarounds are complex projects that have a substantial impact on business performance. It is imperative that turnarounds are effectively planned and executed, especially in continuous process industries such as oil, gas and chemicals. Turnarounds are more than merely technical events carried out by the maintenance function. They are an integral part of any company’s business strategy.
This highly complex, hazardous and, at times, technically difficult undertaking that affects so many companies and engages so many people at all levels of the company, is one critical activity within a life-cycle of plant. Compared with the wealth of information available on general maintenance subjects, much of what does exist seems to be built around planning and scheduling and tend to ignore the business approach to turnarounds.
The purpose of the course is to present a Model of Excellence for Turnarounds that has been developed and refined over a 30-year period by many hundreds of people working in different industries around the world. Much of this material was developed by turnaround Guru Tom Lenahan before being refined further by the current course expert.
The course will consist of direct teaching of principles, case studies, free discussion of issues and workshops to give hands on experience of the elements of turnarounds.
Participants will have the option to sit for a short exam on the final day of the course to gain a Certificate in Effective Plant Turnaround Management from petroEDGE and the Carcharodon Maintenance Academy.
Master the critical skills in managing a world-class plant turnaround project by acquiring the following:
- Acquire the critical elements of plant turnaround management within the Turnaround Model of Excellence
- Assessment and engagement models to effectively manage your contractors
- Strategies to drive quality and ensure reliability during the turnaround process
- Practical co-ordination strategies to ensure effective logistical planning and to ensure reliability post shutdown
- A safe system of work that aligns appropriately with the risk profile of turnarounds
- Effective measures to benchmark progress, performance and overall productivity
This practical-focused masterclass will teach you the practical skills to:
- Justify and execute a strategic and structured plant turnaround plan
- Create a maintenance contracting model that ensure continuous commitment to project goals and timelines
- Implement key strategies to ensure safety, quality and reliability throughout the shutdown
- Acquire best practice plant management and execution techniques to drive high performance and achieve optimal productivity
Who Should Attend
This Masterclass has been researched and developed for Managers, Superintendents, Supervisors, Engineers, Planners, Team Leaders and Coordinators of Shutdown & Turnarounds, Maintenance, Engineering, Operations, Health & Safety, Reliability, Plant Outage and Asset Management.
Expert Course Faculty
Our key expert is an award-winning consultant and trainer with 30 years’ experience in maintenance and reliability improvement. He has worked across five continents, in a wide variety of environments from the world’s largest oil refinery to a small drinks production line.
He has 10 years of maintenance management experience in the process industry, so he brings a very practical approach to training. He moved into consulting with ABB Eutech as their global maintenance specialist where he led maintenance and reliability best practice panels, delivered a wide range of maintenance improvement projects and trained other consultants.
Our key expert founded his consultancy and training business in 2002 to focus on maintenance and reliability improvement. As part of this, he developed a range of maintenance “models of excellence” with inputs from authors, international lecturers and some of the world’s leading consultants and operators. His work has been recognized as being at the leading edge of industry best practice, winning independent awards such as the UK Chemical Industries Association “Excellence in Engineering” award.
He remains close to the industry as a respected specialist helping operating companies to achieve changes in performance. This ongoing field work enables him to continue to refine and extend best practice and the learning from this is continually fed into his training.
Safety of the turnaround project
Maintaining the quality criteria through the turnaround
Planning for successful plant turnaround
Contractor relationships and management in turnarounds
Managing costs in a turnaround project
Managing the logistics challenges in a turnaround
Execution of a world-class turnaround project
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan