ENERGY STORAGE 2.0
The 5-day intensive presentation on planning, designing and implementing large scale energy storage systems including micro-grid designs and hydrogen.
About The Course
This course will provide a detailed analysis of Utility and Community Scale Energy Storage (U&CES) Systems. Beginning with an overview of the current available technologies the course will present the elements of U&CES with a focus on the benefits to Utilities as well as the advantages of energy storage for Commercial and Industrial energy users.
Issues to be covered include: Storage system design, battery applications, component specification and installation, integration of storage with Renewable Energy (RE) systems, multiple presentations of specific manufacturers of storage systems, O&M issues, available industry resources for ongoing education and the development of individual projects.
Additional focuses will include: Financing options, writing and receiving RFI’s and RFP’s, hydrogen storage, and planning for effective administration of projects.
This course will allow participants to gain practical and theoretical knowledge about U&CES systems with a focus on real-world applications and current working examples of the various technologies.
Participants in this course will upon completion of this course, be able to:
- Define & explain the nomenclature of Utility and Community Scale Energy Storage (U&CES) Systems how they operate and the basic benefits of these systems
- Identify and Describe the components and specifications of a U&CES system
- Describe the differences and similarities of Hydrogen Energy Storage and Battery Storage in U&CES systems
- Identify the best application and limitations of both system types
- Compare the many describe different U&CES system types, their storage capabilities and the systems applications
- Develop a systems’ appropriate “value stack” based on comparing a systems Grid/utility values, Commercial values and Residential client values
- Develop a systems financial benefits based on its “Value stack”
- Employ the courses “Case Studies” to evaluate future projects
- Evaluate Energy Storage System (ESS) projects and the value streams that they utilize to create strong ROI’s
- Develop projects using ESS aggregation with 3rd party aggregators
- Choose the best potential partners/collaborators/consultants to create the most effective project teams
- Use the most current US Solar + storage cost data for local project planning and comparison
- Leverage the best Financing options for particular projects
- Correctly develop the size and Design of U&CES systems
- Implement a streamlined project plan from site preparation through O&M
- Develop the most effective RFx process including how to offer clear RFP’s and RFI’s and
- how best to review offered RFP’s
- Leverage electric vehicles as they are deployed for best load-shock management and as storage resources in aggregation
- Access Blockchain tools as a Public ledger for accountability and transparency
- Use the elements of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IOT) in ESS deployment and operation
Who Should Attend
- Project developers and administrators
- Project managers
- Government policy makers
Expert Course Faculties
Our first key expert is the CEO of Great Northern Solar and is a NABCEP certified Photovoltaic Installation Professional. He has been an instructor with the Midwest Renewable Energy Institute since 1993 Teaching advanced Photovoltaic (PV) design and installation and is an IREC Certified Master Trainer (TM) in Photovoltaic Technologies. He was the primary curriculum developer for the MREI Photovoltaic courses at the Institutes inception.
Our second key expert is passionate about the renewable energy and enthusiastic about sustainable solutions through technology and innovation. After completing his undergraduate education at the University of Massachusetts, our key expert entered technical sales of renewable energy products 2006 with a focus on off grid renewable energy projects around the world.
Several years later, while working for Kyocera our key expert shifted focus to grid connected commercial and utility scale solar project development. He joined Panasonic in 2016 and helped to launch two new product lines (high efficiency solar panels and lithium-ion stationary storage) and create a ground up sales channel for the Eco Solutions division.
With over twelve years of experience in renewable energy sales and business development, our key expert is excited to join the team at Stem in 2018 and to help bring energy storage systems to North America. He lives in suburbs of Boston with his wife and his dog Baxter.
TESTIMONIALS FROM PAST PARTICIPANTS
“Well thought out courses that enables the participants to know what to look for in the design & implement process of the U & CES and the right questions to ask to vendors” – Executive & Load Forecasting, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
“PowerEdge never disappoint when it comes to providing training in Power & Energy Industry. TQ!” – Executive Engineer, Single Buyer
“The trainer is very experienced and knowledgeable in the nascent technology of energy storage systems. The course was excellently presented and very timely eye-opener for my utility company to consider a phased approach in identifying the detail needs of services by the system operator and for specifying requirements of criteria’s for project implementation.” – Single Buyer, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
“Interesting speaker for an interesting topic. Enjoyed the whole 3-days course, and gained better understanding on the subject matter.” – Engineer, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
- Pre-Course Questionnaire (PCQ) to help us focus on your learning objectives
- Detailed course & reference manual for continuous learning and sharing
- Practical exercises & case examples to better understand the principles
- Limited class size to ensure one-to-one interactivity
- Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a personal action plan