BULK TRADING RISK MANAGEMENT
20 - 21 NOVEMBER 2019, SINGAPORE
About The Course
Imagine that you are managing an international business with multiple forms of risk that could affect your business’ bottom line. With this increased volatility in the market coupled with geopolitical issues and the ever changing regulatory environments, all of these factors influence the overall price for commodities.
With the uncertainty of the future, you plan to utilize Risk Management products and your Hedging expertise to bring more certainty into an uncertain world. Being able to effectively and efficiently manage these risks provides you with more confidence to develop your own customized strategies to build your business and to take advantage of market opportunities that will benefit your business in the long term.
Throughout this 2-day training, participants will be involved in learning the fundamental principles which underpin Risk Management and hedging. This includes what tools are available and how to apply these tools to specific situations involving different forms of risk.
Practical application through real life examples, videos, and case studies will help the students to reinforce their overall understanding of these principles. Interactive class participation will help the students to engage with the lecturer to enhance their learning experience.
- To understand the concept of Risk Management and hedging
- To gain knowledge on what are the different tools used in Risk Management and how they are applied
- To gain practical expertise in Risk Management strategies/application
- To increase your knowledge in mitigating various forms of risk
Who Should Attend
- Beginners in the field of Operations, Trading, Finance, and Risk Management
- New Comers to the Physical Commodity business
- Employees working in Trading, Risk Management, Finance, and Operations
- Those that have a genuine interest in learning more about Hedging/Risk Management
Expert Course Faculty
Our key expert has over thirty (30+) years’ of experience in the Global Energy and Mining sectors in many different functional areas including the following: Marketing, Strategic Planning, Internal Consulting, Supply and Trading, and Engineering. Over four (4) years ago, he started his own Advisory/Consulting business in Singapore, which specializes in advising the Commodity industry in a variety of different roles, including working with both large corporate and educational institutions on Risk Management.
Our key expert has served in senior roles as the Executive General Manager – Marketing for Whitehaven Coal Limited based in Sydney, Australia, which was a producer of both Thermal and Metallurgical coals. In addition, he served as the Chief Operating Officer for Global Coal Limited (globalCOAL) based in London, United Kingdom. Prior to globalCOAL, our key expert has worked in the commodity trading group for Enron Capital & Trade Resources both in the United States and Singapore. He began his full-time career with Conoco Inc. in 1987 and worked in a wide variety of roles in the Energy industry.
Our key expert has a deep understanding of Physical and Financial trading, including the application of Risk Management to these portfolios. Also, he has worked with large corporations to formulate their corporate Risk Management strategies and policies. In addition, our key expert lectures on Risk Management on a regular basis in different locations internationally.
Derivatives – Background and Explanation
Explanation & Mechanics – Swaps
Explanation & Mechanics – Futures
Explanation & Mechanics – Options
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan