Get a firm understanding in the operation of excitation control systems along with an appreciation of the different types available and the numerous systems offered by the major manufacturers.
29 - 30 OCTOBER 2019, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
The two day course is designed for electrical engineers and operational staff involved in power generation. The content is relevant for all types of generation involving synchronous machines; from traditional coal, oil, gas and hydro, to offshore and nuclear. The course will give delegates a firm understanding in the operation of excitation control systems along with an appreciation of the different types available and the numerous systems offered by the major manufacturers.
Delegates will learn about:
- Fundamentals of the synchronous machine
- The generator capability diagram
- Excitation system components
- Excitation system control theory
- Parallel operation of generators
- Brushless / Rotating excitation systems
- Static excitation systems
- Power System Stabilisers
- Transmission company compliance
- IEEE Excitation Standards
Who Should Attend
- Electrical engineers involved in power generation both onshore and offshore
- Power plant operational staff
Expert Course Faculty
The trainer has been working in the EC&I field for 29 years in a variety of industries; the last 19 of those in power generation. He has worked as a senior design engineer for Alstom Electrical Machines where he designed and commissioned excitation control systems for coal, oil, nuclear, gas and hydro generation plants from 1MW to 1,200MW worldwide. The last two years of his time at Alstom were spent as Engineering Manager for the excitation controls division.
He subsequently moved to RWE nPower as their Lead Excitation Engineer, responsible for the excitation systems of RWE’s entire UK fleet plus numerous third party utility companies.
In 2011 he set up an independent excitation system consultancy company and now provides consultancy services and training to most of the major UK utility companies, plus companies in Europe, Asia and the US.
“Excellent course on Excitation Systems. Highly recommended” – S.Manager, TNB REMACO
“A very useful course and well organised” – Head of Electrical Engineering, Shell Refining Company
“This course very helpful and useful for those whose work related with power generation to get more understanding on excitation systems to troubleshoot and maintenance” – Engineer, TNB
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan