PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE OF ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
Monitoring, Assessing, Analyzing, Inspecting, and Testing Electrical Equipment Including Transformers, Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Cables, Protective Devices, Uninterruptible Power Systems, Induction and Synchronous Motors, Generators and auxiliaries
31 JULY - 02 AUGUST 2019, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
Predictive, or condition-based maintenance offers companies the least expensive, most efficient method of reducing equipment-related downtime and improving plant safety. Maintenance work is scheduled based on diagnostic evaluations that determine when to perform service.
This differs from preventive maintenance, which is routinely scheduled whether the equipment needs service or not. Monitoring the condition of the equipment provides trending data to help anticipate future maintenance needs. This seminar provides a comprehensive understanding of all predictive maintenance technologies that monitor, assess, analyze, and inspect electrical equipment including transformers, switchgear, cables, circuit breakers, protective devices, uninterruptible power systems, induction and synchronous motors, generators and auxiliaries. All the predictive maintenance techniques including vibration analysis, thermography, tribology, visual inspections, ultrasonics, and tests on all electrical equipment are covered in detail in this seminar.
This seminar is a MUST for anyone who is involved in the operation, maintenance, testing or commissioning of any electrical equipment because it provides detailed coverage of all the predictive maintenance required to increase electrical equipment reliability and longevity.
- Developing a Predictive Maintenance Program: Gain a thorough understanding about developing a predictive maintenance program for all electrical equipment including transformers, switchgear and circuit breakers, relays, cables and accessories, batteries, protective devices, uninterruptible power systems, motors, variable frequency drives, and generators
- Preventive Maintenance Techniques: Learn about the preventive maintenance techniques including vibration monitoring, thermography, tribology, visual inspections, ultrasonics, and electrical testing
- Vibration Analysis: Gain a thorough understanding of vibration analysis including interpretation of vibration data, vibration-measuring equipment, vibration sources, machine dynamics, data acquisition, and comparative analyses
- Thermography: Discover the types of infrared instruments, infrared equipment, infrared scanning procedures and types of infrared problems
- Lubricating Oil Analysis: Learn about oil analyses tests, wear particle analysis, ferrography, and setting up an effective oil analysis program
- Ultrasonics: Discover airborne noise analysis, and types of ultrasonic systems
- Visual Inspection Methods: Learn about human senses, sensors, and spectrometric oil analysis
- World-Class Maintenance: Discover the fundamentals of world-class performance and competitive advantage
- Electrical Equipment Maintenance and Testing: Gain a thorough understanding of the maintenance and testing of all electrical equipment including transformers, switchgear and circuit breakers, relays, cables and accessories, batteries, protective devices, uninterruptible power systems, motors, variable frequency drives, and generators
Who Should Attend
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
Expert Course Faculty
Our expert has been a teacher at University of Toronto and Dalhousie University, Canada for more than 25 years. In addition, he has taught courses and seminars to more than four thousand working engineers and professionals around the world, specifically Europe and North America. He has been consistently ranked as “Excellent” or “Very Good” by the delegates who attended his seminars and lectures.
He wrote 5 books for working engineers from which three have been published by McGraw-Hill, New York. Below is a list of the books authored by him:
- Power Generation Handbook: Gas Turbines, Steam Power Plants, Co-generation, and Combined Cycles, second edition, (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, October 2011.
- Electrical Equipment Handbook (600 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, March 2003.
- Power Plant Equipment Operation and Maintenance Guide (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, January 2012.
- Industrial Instrumentation and Modern Control Systems (400 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999).
- Industrial Equipment (600 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999).
Furthermore, he has received the following awards:
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by PowerEdge Asia Training center, Singapore, December 2016
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by the Professional Development Center at University of Toronto (May, 1996).
- The “Excellence in Teaching Award” in April 2007 offered by TUV Akademie (TUV Akademie is one of the largest Professional Development centre in world, it is based in Germany and the United Arab Emirates, and provides engineering training to engineers and managers across Europe and the Middle East).
- Awarded graduation “With Distinction” from Dalhousie University when completed Bachelor of Engineering degree (1983).
- Entrance Scholarship to University of Ottawa (1984).
- Natural Science and Engineering Research Counsel (NSERC) scholarship towards graduate studies – Master of Applied Science in Engineering (1984 – 1985).
Our specialist performed research on power generation equipment with Atomic Energy of Canada Limited at their Chalk River and Whiteshell Nuclear Research Laboratories. He also has more than 32 years of practical engineering experience with Ontario Power Generation (OPG – formerly, Ontario Hydro – the largest electric utility in North America). He retired from OPG in November 2016.
While working at Ontario Hydro, he acted as a Training Manager, Engineering Supervisor, System Responsible Engineer and Design Engineer. During the period of time, he worked as a Field Engineer and Design Engineer, he was responsible for the operation, maintenance, diagnostics, and testing of gas turbines, steam turbines, generators, motors, transformers, inverters, valves, pumps, compressors, instrumentation and control systems. Further, his responsibilities included designing, engineering, diagnosing equipment problems and recommending solutions to repair deficiencies and improve system performance, supervising engineers, setting up preventive maintenance programs, writing Operating and Design Manuals, and commissioning new equipment.
Later, he worked as the manager of a section dedicated to providing training for the staff at the power stations. The training provided by him covered in detail the various equipment and systems used in power stations.
Lastly, he was awarded his Bachelor of Engineering Degree “with distinction” from Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. He also received a Master of Applied Science in Engineering (M.A.Sc.) from the University of Ottawa, Canada. He is also a member of the Association of Professional Engineers in the province of Ontario, Canada.
Maintenance Management Methods
Optimizing Predictive Maintenance
Financial Implications and Cost Justification
Operating Dynamic Analysis
Total Predictive Maintenance Program
Maintenance and Testing of Protective Devices
Predictive Maintenance on Motors
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan