COMPETENCY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR THE POWER INDUSTRY
25 - 27 MARCH 2019, SINGAPORE
About The Course
In the Power & Utilities industry, it is a requirement for both contractual and in some areas legislative, to ensure effective internal systems are in place which support employee development and provide evidence of their competence. A Competence Management System (CMS), correctly developed and applied provides employees and organizations with the tools to demonstrate competence and contributes to career development of the individual and the business as a whole.
This 3-day Competency Management systems course focuses on Competence Management System (CMS) which are typically in use within Industry, their structure and process development requirements. In addition, the course details the assessment process, the role of the competence assessors within the organization and the relationship between competence management and training provision.
- The role that competence plays in the Power industry
- Competence Assurance Management
- Benefits to the organization
- Benefits to individuals
- Relationship between competence management and training provision
- Examples of Competence Management Systems
- What needs to be in place to run a Competence Management System?
- Implementation of a Competence Management System
- Internal Quality Assurance of a Competence Management System
- Roles within the Competence Management System
- Choosing Internal Quality Assurers and Assessors for the System
- Assessment processes
- Assessment methods
- Potential external standards
Who Should Attend
- Competence & Capability Development
- Human Resource Development
- Safety and Employee Talent Management within their organization in the Power Sector
Expert Course Faculties
Our first expert course faculty leader has over 20 years’ of international experience working for the Power industry to help companies implement Competency Management Systems. She has also extensive experience in working with organizations to guide them in the development of Internal Quality Assurance systems and procedures. As part of this, our expert course faculty leader has trained those who are responsible for running the system. This has lead to individuals achieving internationally recognized Internal Quality Assurer and Assessor qualifications via the City and Guilds of London Institute.
Our expert course faculty leader has worked with Scottish Hydro on the development of their competency framework, and thereafter trained internal Assessors and Verifiers (now called Internal Quality Assurers). She has also been training National Grid’s Assesors and Internal Quality Assurers on the electricity side since 1993 and on the gas side for a year. She has also worked with them to revise and develop their assessment and internal quality assurance systems. This covers both the electricity and the gas transmission and distribution side of the business and supports both externally accredited qualifications and internal competence standards. Oir course faculty leader is also working with them to enable their trainers to gain trainer qualifications.
Our key expert worked with 2 other power companies (who have subsequently been subsumed into Centrica) to enable them to obtain approval from City and Guilds to offer qualifications. This has included the development of the systems to match the qualifications and Assessor and IQA training. She was involved in a similar project with Eastern Electricity and Keadby Power Station (owned by Scottish and Southern).
She currently trains RWEnPower’s Assessors and IQAs and have helped them to refine their system, and also delivers Contract Management to RWE sites in Great Britain and abroad. Other clients include British Nuclear Fuels, British Energy, Powergen, International Power and Eggborough Power.
Our second expert course faculty leader has supported Gill in the development of systems and procedures. He has extensive experience in the development of IT systems to support Competence Management Systems.
TESTIMONIALS FROM TRAINERS’ OTHER COURSES
“The course has provided very comprehensive overview of how CMS should be developed and implemented in the company. Great knowledge gained.” – Singapore Power
I have benefited from the 3-day workshop and is more confident of implementing CMS.” – Senoko Energy Pte Ltd
“Excellent training materials. The trainers were able to clearly articulate the principles and purpose of the course.” – Energy Market Authority
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan