INTEGRATING RENEWABLES GENERATION - CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS FOR MARKETS AND GRID OPERATION
17 - 18 DECEMBER 2018, SINGAPORE
About The Course
Renewable generation investment is setting new records every year across the world. On days with conducive weather, some markets are entirely supplied by renewable generation. But what does this mean for the viability of conventional generation, grid stability, and electricity market operations?
- What does a high renewable share do to grid stability?
- Does a high renewable share mean that spot power markets become less efficient?
- How do you ensure supply during periods of low renewable generation?
- Which innovative solutions can help increase renewables generation safely and economically?
Learn from international markets that lead the way in the renewables buildout, and discuss innovative solutions to the challenges that arise from the renewable energy revolution.
- The current status of renewable generation investment and penetration
- An overview of current commercially viable technologies, their historical cost degression, and likely paths forward
- The efficiency of carbon abatement by technology and/or measure
- Challenges that result from the continued renewable buildout from a grid and market perspective
- Innovative solutions that enable the mass buildout of renewables, and that improve its efficiency
- Examples of firms that push the frontier in renewable and related technologies
Who Should Attend
- Energy asset developers
- Energy industry managers
- Risk managers
- Investors in energy assets
There are no prerequisites to attend this course, but a basic understanding of the energy industry will help.
Expert Course Faculty
Our trainer works as a consultant in the areas of energy trading and energy risk management for clients in Europe and South-East Asia.
He was Head of Power & Gas at SGX until September 2015 and responsible for the development of the energy business within SGX, comprising derivatives in electricity, LNG, oil and petrochemicals, as well as physical energy business in electricity, gas and LNG.
Prior to SGX, he worked with RWE Supply & Trading as Senior Investment Manager Principal Investments as well as Chief Operating Officer Sales & Origination in London and Geneva. Before this, he was a Consultant with McKinsey & Company, working for European and international clients in the energy, materials and wholesale banking sectors.
The trainer holds a diploma in industrial engineering as well as a doctorate degree from the University of Karlsruhe, Germany, and an MBA from the University of North Carolina, Greensboro, USA.
Overview of commercially viable renewable generation technologies
Renewable energy, energy security, climate change and sustainability
Renewable incentive mechanisms
Renewable penetration in key electricity markets
Measures to integrate renewables into the grid and physical market
Innovation in renewable integration, with a focus on cost-efficiency and scalability
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan