COMBINED CYCLE GAS TURBINE PERFORMANCE
Computer Simulation, Selection, Applications, Operation, Maintenance, Performance Monitoring, Power Augmentation, Economics, Profit Optimization, Revenue and Life Cycle Cost Analysis
21 - 25 OCTOBER 2019, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
This seminar will cover all aspects of combined cycle power plants. All the equipment of combined cycle power plants such as: compressors, gas and steam turbines, combustors, heat recovery steam generators, deaerators, condensers, lubricating systems, instrumentation, control systems, transformers, and generators will be covered in detail. The design, selection considerations, operation, maintenance, pay-back period, economics of combined cycles, as well as, emission limits, reliability, monitoring and governing systems will also be covered thoroughly. This seminar will also provide up-dated information in respect to all the significant improvements that have been made to combined cycle power generating plants during the last two decades.
This seminar will illustrate through sophisticated computer simulation how gas turbines, and combined cycle plants perform under steady-state and transient conditions. In addition, the delegates will learn how to use the computer simulation program which provides the following benefits:
- Allow the operator to extend the combined cycle power plant operating period by avoiding unnecessary outages and maintenance activities.
- Determination of essential combined cycle power plant maintenance activities to reduce the duration of outages.
- Profit optimization of combined cycle power plants.
- Minimization of the environmental emissions of combined cycle plants.
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Computer simulation: Gain a thorough understanding of computer simulation of gas turbines, and combined cycle power plants.
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Equipment and Systems: Learn about all equipment and subsystems of the various types of combined cycle power generating plants such as: compressors, combustors, gas turbines, heat recovery steam generators, steam turbines, condensers, deaerators, feedwater heaters, transformers, generators, and auxiliaries
- Combined Cycle Power Plants Economics: Examine the advantages, applications, performance and economics of combined cycle power plants
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Maintenance: Learn all the maintenance activities required for combined cycle power plants including maintenance and refurbishment of gas turbines, compressors, steam turbines, combustors, heat recovery steam generators, transformers and generators to minimize their operating cost and maximize their efficiency, reliability, and longevity.
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Environmental Emissions: Learn about the monitoring and control of environmental emissions.
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Instrumentation and Control Systems: Learn about the latest instrumentation and control systems of gas turbines and combined cycle power plants.
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Reliability and Testing: Increase your knowledge of combined cycle power plant predictive and preventive maintenance, reliability and testing.
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Selection and Applications: Gain a detailed understanding of the selection considerations and applications of combined cycle power plants.
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Profitability: Learn about the reliability, life cycle cost, profitability, refurbishment, and life extension methods for all types of combined cycle power plants.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
Expert Course Faculty
The trainer has been a teacher at University of Toronto and Dalhousie University, Canada for more than 25 years. In addition, He has taught courses and seminars to more than four thousand working engineers and professionals around the world, specifically Europe and North America. He has been consistently ranked as “Excellent” or “Very Good” by the delegates who attended his seminars and lectures.
The trainer wrote 5 books for working engineers from which three have been published by McGraw-Hill, New York. Below is a list of the books authored by him:
- Power Generation Handbook: Gas Turbines, Steam Power Plants, Co-generation, and Combined Cycles, second edition, (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, October 2011.
- Electrical Equipment Handbook (600 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, March 2003.
- Power Plant Equipment Operation and Maintenance Guide (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, January 2012.
- Industrial Instrumentation and Modern Control Systems (400 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999).
- Industrial Equipment (600 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999).
The trainer has received the following awards:
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by Poweredge Asia Training center, Singapore, December 2016
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by the Professional Development Center at University of Toronto (May, 1996).
- The “Excellence in Teaching Award” in April 2007 offered by TUV Akademie (TUV Akademie is one of the largest Professional Development centre in world, it is based in Germany and the United Arab Emirates, and provides engineering training to engineers and managers across Europe and the Middle East).
- Awarded graduation “With Distinction” from Dalhousie University when completed Bachelor of Engineering degree (1983).
- Entrance Scholarship to University of Ottawa (1984).
- Natural Science and Engineering Research Counsel (NSERC) scholarship towards graduate studies – Master of Applied Science in Engineering (1984 – 1985).
Steam Power Plants, Steam Generators, and Steam Turbines
Steam Turbines and Auxiliaries, and Gas Turbines
Gas Turbine Components and Auxiliaries
Computer Simulation of Gas Turbines
Combined Cycles Power Generating Plants
Transformers and Generators
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan