RENEWABLE ENERGY FINANCE: PREPARING AND FINANCING PROJECTS
22 - 23 APRIL 2019, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
If you are involved in the development of renewable energy projects, the financing of projects at the various stages of the development cycle is key to successful project execution, the returns a project generates, and the ease with which it can be sold again.
In this two-day course, you will learn about renewable technology, renewable incentives, project calculation and assessment, project structuring, contracting and sourcing from an energy finance perspective.
- Various renewable markets and technologies from a commercial viewpoint
- How to appraise renewable energy projects and choose among various options
- The valuation of renewable projects
- How to structure financing for your project, and find sources of capital
- How to win support for your renewable project
- You will also be able to ask specific questions relating to your work and organization and discuss them with the trainer and other attendees
Who Should Attend
- Energy asset developers
- Energy industry managers
- Risk managers
- Investors in renewable energy assets
There are no prerequisites to attend this course, but a basic understanding of the energy industry will help.
Expert Course Faculty
Our expert works as a consultant in the areas of energy trading and energy risk management for clients in Europe and South-East Asia.
He was Head of Power & Gas at SGX until September 2015 and responsible for the development of the energy business within SGX, comprising derivatives in electricity, LNG, oil and petrochemicals, as well as physical energy business in electricity, gas and LNG.
Prior to SGX, he worked with RWE Supply & Trading as Senior Investment Manager Principal Investments as well as Chief Operating Officer Sales & Origination in London and Geneva. Before this, he was a Consultant with McKinsey & Company, working for European and international clients in the energy, materials and wholesale banking sectors.
He holds a diploma in industrial engineering as well as a doctorate degree from the University of Karlsruhe, Germany, and an MBA from the University of North Carolina, Greensboro, USA.
CASES AND EXAMPLES
Renewable markets and their incentive systems
‘Non-standard’ project examples for increased returns
Project selection in case of a wind park development
Simple financial analysis examples for wind and solar projects
Project and tax structure examples
Typical cost of various forms of capital
Examples of corporate clean energy buyers
How-to-advice for working with lenders
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan