PROJECT DEVELOPMENT AND EPC CONTRACT MANAGEMENT FOR POWER & UTILITIES
23 - 25 SEPTEMBER 2019, SINGAPORE
About The Course
This course is to help you make major power projects successful. To achieve this, the main themes that will be presented and discussed are as follows:
Business executives and project managers are grappling with challenging business environments and 20 years legacy of overrunning projects
- Recently reported outcome data on 100 of the largest power projects, showed an average of 35% cost overruns, and an average of 25 months delay – Ernst & Young Global, 2016
- The estimated annual USD 30 billion global capital cost inefficiency, plus ROI production loss, plus dispute cost is “absolute waste”.
- Progressive management is ready to change business cultures. Clients need to buy-in as primary drivers in their supply chain.
- This course recommends currently trending actionable and economic solutions requiring some time and relatively inexpensive expertise
- The purpose of well-designed contracts: is to provide the ‘spine’ underpinning business governance and project management disciplines. The contract and related project development work is “preventative medicine” to cure project overruns
- Pre-Contract: Indispensable and practical techniques, methodologies and organizational practices for selecting “best fit” contract strategies, and to prepare well-designed and usable contracts that support successful business outcomes
- Post-Contract: Indispensable and practical advice on how to set up an effective contract administration organisation, what essential procedures to establish, how to ingrain “contract smart practice” into the wider project. When to issue, notices, instructions, and any extension of time to protect contract entitlements. Effective claims methodologies and dispute settlement practices
Who Should Attend
Executive decision makers, project management, commercial, engineering and construction personnel from Power & Utilities industry including:
- Project Directors, Company General Managers, Chief Executive Officers
- Commercial Managers, Business Managers, Chief Financial Officers
- Project Managers and Construction Managers
- Design Managers and Project Engineers
- Contract Managers and Contract Engineers, Quantity Surveyors
- Project Controls Managers and Planning Engineers;
- Legal Professionals working in the energy construction industry
Expert Course Faculty
He is a practicing contracts and procurement manager with 29 years’ experience in international construction projects encompassing power, water and downstream oil and gas. He has a civils chartered engineer background, a second degree in law, and a project manager qualification. He has worked for clients, EPC contractors and consulting engineers.
“Excellent training course. The training on EPC Contract Management has given us a very good perspective of what we should be focusing on getting into a contract with an EPC Contractor.” – CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER, SPC POWER CORPORATION
“The course is helpful as it has identified many useful points for contract management, identified the challenges and how to deal effectively with the various issues.” – PROJECT ENGINEER, TUAS POWER UTILITIES PTE LTD
“The training provided effective materials that we can easily refer to when we apply the best practices and techniques in our daily jobs.” – CONTRACTS ENGINEER, PHILIPINES ENERGY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan