BEYOND BITCOIN: BLOCKCHAIN APPLICATIONS IN THE ENERGY INDUSTRY
26 - 27 NOVEMBER 2018, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
Blockchain business models have sprung up in the energy industry in recent years, with the goal to disrupt traditional businesses, value chains and processes. In order to compete and stay ahead of the development, you need to understand:
- What is blockchain
- What potential does it have vis-à-vis traditional networks
- What business potential does it hold in various parts of the energy industry
- What are the start-ups and competitors that emerge
- How to use the blockchain technology sensibly and profitably in the energy industry
In this training, you will get deep insights into the blockchain, its energy applications, and the current market landscape.
- What the blockchain is and how it works
- What possible applications it has “beyond the bitcoin hype”
- What the competition is thinking and doing
- What your fellow class participants think about this emerging technology and its impact on the industry
- Where to look for use cases, ideas, start-ups and value
Who Should Attend
- Energy asset developers
- Energy industry managers
- Risk managers
- Investors in renewable energy assets
There are no prerequisites to attend this course, but a basic understanding of the energy industry will help.
Our trainer works for Energis Consult in Switzerland.
He was Head of Power & Gas at SGX until September 2015 and responsible for the development of the energy business within SGX, comprising derivatives in electricity, LNG, oil and petrochemicals, as well as physical energy business in electricity, gas and LNG.
Prior to SGX, he worked for RWE Supply & Trading’s in-house private equity fund as Senior Investment Manager Principal Investments as well as Chief Operating Officer Sales & Origination in London and Geneva. Before this, he was a Consultant with McKinsey & Company, working for European and international clients in the energy, materials and wholesale banking sectors.
He holds a diploma in industrial engineering as well as a doctorate degree from the University of Karlsruhe, Germany, and an MBA from the University of North Carolina, Greensboro, USA.
Blockchain applications in the Energy Industry
Blockchain applications specifically for Renewable Energy
Market overview for blockchain applications
An introduction to blockchain
How the blockchain functions
Application of the blockchain
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively.
Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan