INTRODUCTION TO ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR THE ENERGY INDUSTRY
24 – 26 SEPTEMBER 2018, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
The Significance and Application of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence is probably the most important technology development of this decade. Artificial Intelligence attempts to simulate several key human capabilities. Simply put, it is a tool that looks for hidden patterns in a massive pool of data that most energy companies are acquiring or developing in business daily. These patterns have predictive value. Machines that can learn from these massive amounts of data can help you make faster, better and cheaper decisions.
The adoption to Artificial Intelligence requires an open mind, and a willingness to change your relationship with technology in order to take advantage of the benefit it brings. Artificial Intelligence brings together both engineering and science, to gain insights and make predictions that are based on algorithms without relying on rules-based programming. Artificial Intelligence should be seen as a tool to craft and implement a strategic vision, and that means putting strategy first. Without strategy as a starting point, Artificial Intelligence risks becoming a tool buried inside your company’s routine operations: it will provide a useful service, but it will limit its long-term value.
In this 3 day highly practical and interactive training course, we will take the participants through the latest developments in Artificial Intelligence and share how to apply it to the different business areas within the energy business in practice.
The program is structured in such a way that a good balance between theory and practice will be achieved. From experience we know that we will get the best results when the participants are actively involved. All the topics will be explained in-depth with the use of practical examples, real-life case studies and simulations.
By attending this course, you will be able to:
- Get an overview on how Artificial Intelligence can help in making faster, better and cheaper data-driven decisions in the energy industry
- Understand how Artificial Intelligence can increase profitability, lower risk and improve transparency for compliance
- Learn how to align business strategy and Artificial Intelligence
- Determine what the challenges are in implementing Artificial Intelligence
- Get a clear overview of the way forward on how to implement Artificial Intelligence in the energy business
At the end of this training course, you will have a clear idea of how your company can extract value from Artificial Intelligence.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers, scientists, business support professionals as well as technology officers responsible for identifying and adopting new innovative technologies in the energy business
- Professionals who want to improve decision making and efficiency in the company by adopting new technologies such as Big data Analysis, Artificial Intelligence and Automation.
This highly interactive and hands-on workshop will be delivered by our experts. Together they have unique practical, academic knowledge and experience about the energy sector and Artificial Intelligence. Both trainers we recently executed Artificial Intelligence Projects for RWE and E.ON.
An energy commodity supply chain professional with over ten years of experience in Risk Management, Risk Controlling, and Portfolio Management, ranging from Mining and Oil & Gas to Power and Renewables. The trainer has further experience developing intelligent systems with Artificial Intelligence as well as training for different levels of the organisation and interdisciplinary project management. In 2013 he became Special Expert of Commodity Portfolio and Risk Management, for Matra Power Plant owned by RWE. Laszlo was a member of different Committees such as the Risk and Portfolio Management. The portfolio included gas, and lignite power plant blocks, mines, renewables, CO2 and FX, wholesale and retail consumers. Laszlo made several projects in Decision Automation from Production to Trading. He did other projects on asset valuation, in-house development of ETRM systems, and developing algorithmic trading software. He became an expert in developing intelligent systems with Artificial Intelligence based on technology, human knowledge, and Data Science. Laszlo was a member of the Risk Management team of RWE Hungary a holding company with several assets in CE region.
Skilled and accomplished professional with over 25 years of extensive of C-level board level experience in in the energy markets worldwide. The trainer has a strong expertise in all the aspects of energy commodity trading markets, international sales, derivatives trading, staff training, risk management and regulatory compliance within dynamic and high-pressure environments.
Introduction Artificial Intelligence and Strategy
Essentials of Decision Automation
Linking Strategy and Artificial Intelligence
Overview of Decision Automation through Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence Examples in Python
Business Process Automation
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively. Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan