IEC 61850 SEMINAR AND HANDS-ON TRAINING
24 – 26 OCTOBER 2016, SINGAPORE
About The Course
IEC 61850 is the most important, comprehensive, and crucial international standard for information sharing in electrical substations: Information about single line diagrams, signals for protection, automation, and SCADA. And describing information exchange between engineering and configuration tools, between Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs) in and between substations, with control centers, as well as in and with power generation sites.
The three-day training course will give all professionals in the utility industry a comprehensive introduction on IEC 61850. It provides all crucial knowledge engineers need regarding the scope, use-cases, capabilities, benefits, restrictions, limits of IEC 61850, and availability of products (IEDs and Tools).
The seminar will teach people from utilities, suppliers, consultants, and other parties in order to prevent disconnects in discussions of groups dealing with procurement, purchase, engineering, configuration, commissioning, test, operation, and error diagnostics, and maintenance.
Demonstrations and basic hands-on exercises complete the course. Windows-based hands-on examples can be taken home and used after the course for free.
Registered attendees can provide written questions prior to the course. All crucial questions will be answered during and after the course.
* The course helps people to understand the philosophy of the 20+ parts of the standard series IEC 61850.
* This is the most comprehensive course to shorten the time to use the standards.
* The training is saving you a lot of time reading the sheer amount of documents and money.
* We possess the expertise and sophisticated capability that is truly essential.
* This is the opportunity to harvest the benefits of the standard for Power Automation Systems.
* Attendees will learn how to tap the field instrumentation in factories and other facilities using standard field busses like Profibus, Ethernet/IP, Modbus, … using Gateways.
* Attendees will receive experience from trainer that has conducted more than 230 courses, with 4.100+ attendees, from 900+ companies all over.
Who Should Attend
The course is especially set-up for:
* Managers within all groups dealing with power automation
* In-house and third-party consultants,
* Technical advisors responsible for decision making, setting long-term strategies, for protection, automation and SCADA systems.
* People responsible for primary and secondary asset management.
* Protection engineers,
* Finally: ALL people that care about Smart Grids and electric power in public utilities, industrial sites, or building automation
* Everybody that is open-minded to learn how IEC 61850 fits into the future power deliver system of all voltage levels.
Course Faculty - Karlheinz Schwarz
Karlheinz Schwarz (president of Schwarz Consulting Company, SCC; Karlsruhe/Germany) specializing in distributed automation systems. He is involved in many international standardization projects (IEC 61850 – utility automation, DER, hydro power, IEC 61400-25 – wind power, IEC 61158 – Fieldbus, ISO 9506 – MMS, …) since 1984. He is engaged in representing main industry branches in the international standardization of real-time information modeling, configuration, and exchange systems.
He provides consulting services and training to utilities, system integrators, consultants, and vendors. He has trained some 4,100 experts from more than 900 companies and more than 60 countries. The training courses are considered to be outstanding. Mr. Schwarz is a well-known authority on the application of mainstream information and communication technologies in the utility industry.
Substation configuration language (SCL)
Protocol implementations and Mappings for IEC 61850-7-2
Conventional & Hydro power plants
Demonstration: Design of ICD and CID documents, analyzing and using SCD documents
Demonstration: Configuring and using Server devices for monitoring and control using IEC 61850 and IEC 60870-5-104
IEC 61850 series overview and parts
IEC 61850-6 Engineering process
IEC 61850 Application modeling principles
Preparation of hands-on training. The hands-on training will use the DLL evaluation kit.
Demonstration: Configuring and using Client devices for IEC 61850 to IEC 60870-5-104 gateway, and proxy server for IEC 61850; demonstration of IEC61850 Client to OPC UA Server
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively. Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan