EFFECTIVE PLANT TURNAROUND MANAGEMENT
Optimising your Plant Turnaround Management Strategy to exceed Safety, Quality, Time and Cost targets.
21 – 23 November 2016 | Kuala Lumpur| Malaysia
About The Course
Turnarounds are complex projects that have a substantial impact on business performance. It is imperative that Turnarounds are effectively planned and executed, especially in continuous process industries such as Oil, Gas and Chemicals. Turnarounds are more than merely technical events carried out by the maintenance function. They are an integral part of any company’s business strategy
This highly complex, hazardous and, at times, technically difficult undertaking that affects so many companies and engages so many people at all levels of the company, is one critical activities within a life-cycle of plant. Compared with the wealth of information available on general maintenance subjects, much of what does exist seems to be built around planning and scheduling and tend to ignore the business approach to Turnarounds.
The purpose of the course is to present a Model of Excellence for Turnarounds that has been developed and refined over a 30 year period by many hundreds of people working in different industries around the world. The course will consist of direct teaching of principles, case studies of real situations, free discussion of issues and workshops to give hands on experience of the elements of Turnarounds.
Master the critical skills in managing a world-class plant Turnaround project by acquiring the following:
- Acquire the critical elements of plant turnaround management within the Turnaround Model of Excellence
- Assessment and engagement models to effectively manage your contractors
- Strategies to drive quality and ensure reliability during the turnaround process
- Practical co-ordination strategies to ensure effective logistical planning and to ensure reliability post shutdown
- A safe system of work that aligns appropriately with the risk profile of turnarounds
- Effective measures to benchmark progress, performance and overall productivity
This practical-focused master class will teach you the practical skills to:
- Justify and execute a strategic and structured plant turnaround plan
- Create a maintenance contracting model that ensure continuous commitment to project goals and timelines
- Implement key strategies to ensure safety, quality and reliability throughout the shutdown
- Acquire best practice plant management and execution techniques to drive high performance and achieve optimal productivity
Course Faculty - Tom Lenahan
Author of the Textbook “Turnaround, Shutdown & Outage Management” (ISBN 10: 0-7506-6787-7) and has presented papers on Turnaround Management and maintenance at international conferences in UK, Hungary, South Africa and India. Contributed technical articles on Shutdown Management to the UK Maintenance Management magazine.
Gained extensive experience and expertise in many aspects of maintenance, project and construction Management. Specialist in Turnaround (Shutdown & Outage) Management and similar projects from concept through to on-site completion in the Power Generation, Oil, Gas, and Chemicals. Assisted clients in the resolution of maintenance and Turnaround issues of various types including; contractor strategy, procurement process, project engineering, training, effectiveness, and costing, procedural failures and patterned thinking.
Developed a “Model of Excellence” for benchmarking Shutdown performance. The model is used to assess client’s performance against current best practice and to generate real time recommendations for improvement. To date carried out 50+ Turnaround audits and supervised 200+ further audits. Developed a comprehensive Shutdown Management training course that has been delivered in many countries around the world as well as forming part of an MSc in Maintenance Management at Manchester University in the UK. This course was also taught for five years at the Central Queensland University in Australia and at the Austral University of Buenos Aires in Argentina.
Previous participating organisations include the following companies:
|* Cuu Long Joint Operating Company
* Hess (Thailand) Limited
* Petronas Carigali
* S-Oil Corporation
* Petronas Gas
* Asean Bintulu Fertilizer
* Carigali Hess Operation Co.
|* MTBE Malaysia
* HMC Polymers
* CNOOC SES
* Shell Refining Company
* Esso Malaysia
* Optimal Chemicals
* Penta-Ocean Construction
Hear what others have said about this course
“Good course. It gives me an insight to the few problems/issues I faced.” Petronas Carigali
“It was a helpful course to give you an overall in-depth input on various TA aspects.” Petronas Carigali
“A dynamic course for support services in the oil & gas industry.” Penta Ocean Construction Ltd
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This Workshop has been researched and developed for Managers, Superintendents, Supervisors, Engineers, Planners, Team Leaders and Coordinators of:
- Shutdown & Turnarounds
- Health & Safety
- Plant Outage
- Asset Management
Organisation of the Turnaround Team
Safety of the Turnaround Project
Maintaining the Quality Criteria through the Turnaround
Planning For Successful Plant Turnaround
Contractor Relationships and Management in Turnarounds
Managing Costs in a Turnaround Project
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively. Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan