THE 4 PILLARS OF TRANSFORMER CONDITION MONITORING
04 – 06 DECEMBER 2017, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
This course covers the fundamentals of transformer condition monitoring and asset management procedures. It emphasizes on the technical background on which decisions are based. This course will give the participants valuable knowledge which will support their directives and decisions in their daily challenges, instead of an over reliance on technologies such on‐line condition monitoring systems to interpret data.
- Gain an overview on asset management procedures and techniques for transformers.
- Acquire an understanding of the 4 pillars of condition monitoring: DGA, Record keeping, Visual inspection and Routine off line tests (Bushing, OLTC).
- Interpret test results and understand interrelationship of various tests conducted.
Instructor‐Led with hands on training on Transformer components plus On‐Load Tap Changer inspection.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for middle to senior asset engineers, asset managers and engineers dealing with specification, operation, maintenance and protection of power transformers.
Course Faculty - Max Philipp
CIGRE member and chairman of the local A2 transformer working group
Max has over 28 years’ experience in the field of Transformers, Substations and Management. In his previous engagement, Max worked for Maschinenfabrik Reinhausen GmbH of Germany.
In his career he led successfully 2 of their subsidiaries. The first one was Reinhausen Australia, and his last engagement was as Managing Director for Reinhausen Asia Pacific in Malaysia.
His customer base included Power Utilities, High & Medium Voltage Substations, Transformer Manufacturers and Industrial customers in the Asia Pacific region. Max left Reinhausen in 2010 and established MP Consult Sdn Bhd in Malaysia where he currently works as a Consultant and Trainer.
His technical expertise includes Voltage regulation, Commissioning of OLTC, Selection Criteria’s for Power Transformers, Technical Understanding & Evaluation of Products and Fault Prevention & Damage Investigation.
Max is a CIGRE member and is the head of the local A2 transformer working group of CIGRE Malaysian National Committee.
“Great to have real hand on experience at off line real substation. Very experience instructor. Very warm reception and great foods” – Senior Manager, ABB Malaysia S/B
“This program is good for fresh engineers who involve in technical and investigation which is part of Suruhanjaya Tenaga Task” – Head of Unit, Suruhanjaya Tenaga
“Good hands on experience” – Engineer, Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively. Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan