DRONE PILOT TRAINING FOR PROFESSIONALS IN THE ENERGY INDUSTRY
27 - 29 NOVEMBER 2018, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
This 3-days classroom and practical instructional program provides individuals or teams entering the UAV market with the need to ‘hit the ground running’. Trainees will gain a working knowledge of UAV system classification, roles and command and control options. UAV design considerations, payloads and limitations are studied, culminating in challenging UAV design, mission planning and flight operations according to aviation standards and also practical exercises.
This is an intermediate level course with in depth consideration of operational and maintenance difficulties as well as permit requirements & procedures to complete the assessment and certification.
Upon successful completion of your Remote Pilot’s Course you will be CAAM ((Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia)) approved and can operate as a Drone Operator.
Participants will gain a thorough understanding of the following:
- UAV Terms & Definitions
- Spectrum Management, Datalinks & Apps
- UAV Basic Principles
- UAV System Design & Practical Exercise
- Human Factors & CRM
- UAV Types & Roles
- UAV Concepts of Operations (CONOPS)
- UAV Components & Systems
- Mission Planning & Mapping
- Payload & Sensor Options
- UAV Licensing & Regulations, including
- Airspace Classes
- UAV Maintenance & Logistics
- UAV Case Studies & Lessons Learned
- Auto Piloting & Safety
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted for engineers or technical professionals in the energy industry who are responsible or involved in the following activities or projects: Powerline Inspection, Asset Integrity Inspection and Aerial Surveying
Prerequisites: Basic Knowledge of UAV or Drones.
The instructors have over 5 years commercial experience in drone flying and over 20,000 billed hours as commercial drone service providers, accredited by CAAM (Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia).
UAV Terms & Definitions
UAV Basic Principles
UAV System Design & Practical Exercise
Human Factors & CRM
UAV Types & Roles
UAV Concepts of Operations (CONOPS)
UAV Components & Systems
Mission Planning & Mapping
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively. Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan