Mr. Barrie Moor
Principal Engineer at Power System Protection Training, Australia
- 39 years in the Queensland Electricity
- Transmission and Generation Supply Industries
- 30 years in the discipline of Protection Design
- 20 years in Post Graduate Electricity Supply System Training
With over 39 years experience in the Queensland electricity supply industry, our principal engineer, the seminar author and presenter, Barrie Moor, has been involved in the design, coordination and implementation of protection schemes associated with Queensland’s HV and EHV transmission systems since 1981. Barrie also has extensive experience with the protection of large generating plants having had responsibility for the protection of generators at many of Queensland’s major power stations. From 2000 to 2007, Barrie filled the role of Senior Engineer Protection Design, with statewide responsibility, leading Powerlink’s Protection Design Team. From 2007 to 2012, in the role of Principal Consultant Substation Protection, and then Principal Engineer Investigations, Barrie provided specialist Protection Design and Fault Analysis services to support the Asset Management and Operational Groups within Powerlink. Barrie has 20 years experience within Australia and internationally (New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Pakistan, UAE, Ghana) in the provision of university post graduate training on the design and implementation of HV and EHV Transmission Protection Systems and also and Power Station Generator Protection Systems. Barrie has presented a number of papers on various specialised aspects of protection design at conferences both within Australia and internationally. Barrie represented Powerlink on CIGRE committee APB5, Power System Protection and Automation, and served as a corresponding member on Cigre and IEE working groups on Protection Systems.
With recent seminar feedback:
- “Of the 5 training courses that I have been on, this one has been the best”
- “Barrie Moor kept it interesting, excellent presentation skills”
- “Great presentation, learnt a lot!!”
- “Barrie was very knowledgeable. He made the difference”
- Attended seminar conducted in UAE. It was an amazing experience
- I have now completed a couple of seminars / courses (Fundamentals of Power System Protection and Distance Protection training at QUT) with Barrie and once again could not ask for more. Barrie is an expert in Power Systems Protection and spares no effort to pass on his knowledge, striving to share his extensive knowledge in the topics at hand, Barrie impresses all. I will not hesitate to take another training course lectured by Barrie. I look forward to the next opportunity in power systems protection run by Barrie Moor.
- Barrie is the best protection engineer I have had the pleasure to work with… They do not make protection experts like Barrie anymore…
- Having worked with Barrie on numerous projects and whilst standardising Control Systems interface designs to protection schemes and plant, as well as experiencing Barrie’s protection systems and schemes training, I can readily attest that Barrie is an authority in the field of protection. His knowledge across all levels of protection (systems, design, theory) and ability to communicate (design, training) are astounding. Credit well deserved.