COMPETENCY MANAGEMENT & ASSURANCE IN THE ENERGY INDUSTRY
24 – 26 SEPTEMBER 2018, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
Within the energy Industry it is a requirement, both contractual and in some areas legislative, to ensure effective internal systems are in place which support employee development and provide evidence of their competence. A Competence Management System (CMS), correctly developed and applied provides employees and organisations with the tools to demonstrate competence and contributes to career development of the individual and the business as a whole.
The 3 day course focuses on Competence Management Systems (CMS) which are typically in use within the Industry, their structure and process development requirements. In addition the course details the assessment process, the role of the competence assessors within the organisation and the relationship between competence management and training provision.
- Understand the role of competencies in the Oil & Gas industry
- Know the benefits of Competency Management System to the organisation
- Understand the components of a Competency of Competency Management System
- Know how to implement the Competency Management System
- Know the Roles & Responsibilities within the Competency Management System
- Know how to ensure Competency Assurance Management
- Know how to develop Competency Models
- Understand the relationship between of Competency Management and Capability Development
- Know how to conduct Organisational Analysis
- Know how to conduct Job Analysis and Task Analysis
- Know how to develop Competency Standards and Development Guides using the 70:20:10 principle
- Know competency assessment process, tools and methodologies
- Know how to package and communicate the Competency Assessment Reports
- Understand Competency Management Case Studies in the Oil & Gas
Course Faculty - Siti Rasidah Mohd Shihab
Siti Rasidah Mohd Shihab is a Human Capital Development Practitioner with more than 25 year experience in Education, Adult Learning & Development, Organizational Design, Change Management, Quality Culture, Performance Management and Leadership Development.
A chemist by training, her interest in people development however was so intense that she decided to switch profession during her earlier years of employment, and she has never looked back since. She has gathered extensive hands-on experience, working and leading key projects in the above-mentioned areas during her 25 year tenure with PETRONAS, Malaysia. A project that she was particularly proud of in completing was the transformation of the PETRONAS Management Training Institute into a regional Leadership Center. While leading this project, she was given the opportunity to be seconded for a few months to General Electric (GE), a fortune 500 multinational known for its cutting-edge Leadership Development innovation.
She was instrumental in the development of the existing leadership competency model for PETRONAS. This was one of the key projects that she led before leaving the organization to pursue her other interests in life. In addition, she was also extensively involved in the development and implementation of the Skill Group Competency Development model and process that are currently being used by more than 20 disciplines in PETRONAS. Whilst in PETRONAS, she has also provided some consultancy on Competency Profiling to Transportasi Gas Indonesia, which then was a joint venture partner to PETRONAS Gas Berhad.
Introduction to Competency in the Oil & Gas Industry
Components of Competency Management System
Competency Assurance Management
Implementation of CMS including Roles & Responsibilities
Individual & Institutional Capability
Competency Management & Capability Development
Competency Assessment Process, Tools and Methodologies
Competency Assessment Role Plays
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively. Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan