SPEEDTRONIC MARK VIE MAINTENANCE TRAINING
13 – 15 AUGUST 2018, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
This program is intended for all control technicians and engineers of existing, installed turbines (steam or gas) on which a new Mark VIe control system has been installed. It is expected that the technicians will have hands-on experience with their turbine systems. This training will familiarize them with the hardware and software components of the control system, providing detailed knowledge to work with the Mark VIe control system in application with their turbine.
The course is modular and includes custom training material derived from the site specific Mark VIe system. Training is performed with short lectures followed by labs. The hands-on computer based labs teach the student the fundamental skills to navigate and use the GE controls software. The simulation of the Operator’s HMI computer gives the trainee the opportunity to fully explore the control’s interface while building confidence to diagnose and troubleshoot alarms.
The objective of this course is to train the participants to become familiar and comfortable using the GE Mark VIe hardware and software.
The participants will learn:
- Major components of the Mark VIe system
- How to start the HMI screen viewing software and navigate the screens
- Terminology used within the ToolboxST software
- How to start the software and use the on-line mode to view live values in the hardware
- Software structure, terminology, and view live values in the software
- Finder tool and its uses for troubleshooting
- Familiarization of the Trender Tool
- How to use the Trender Tool to view historical data, and events (trips,alarms,SOEs)
- How to Troubleshoot basic software blocks and adjusting live values
- How Finder, Trender, Watch Windows, and Online Modifications are used together for troubleshooting & maintenance functions.
- How to view alarms using CIMPLICITY
- How to trace an alarm to its origin in the ToolboxST software
- How to use the Trender Tool in conjuction with the Finder Tool and troubleshoot system problems
- Procedures and precautions when placing a Terminal Board and I/O Module
- Procedures and precautions for replacing a Controller
- PDM components and review the procedures and precautions when replacing
- Servo calibration procedure in the software and review documentation GEH-6700 Chapter 13 (p347) & Control Specification (Chapter 5)
- How to move a hardwired point
- How to disable or enable a digital or analog signal
- The software structure (Programs, User Blocks, and Function Blocks)
- How to add software (Programs/User Blocks) To monitor data on-line
- How to make software changes.
Course Faculty - Lies Tahri
Lies Tahri has over 32 years industrial/training experience in commissioning and project management, instrumentation and control engineering, development and delivery of engineering courses, business development and sales to a variety of customers mainly associated with oil/gas industries and power engineering in the UK and overseas.
Education, Qualifications and Training:
- 1976-80 University of Teesside, UK:B.Sc. (Hons) in Instrumentation & Systems Eng.
- 1986-87 University of Malmo, Sweden: M.Sc. in Marine Engineering.
- Moor Products, U.K. (PSC-352 SLDC and 320 Interface)
- Allen Bradley (PLC 25), U.K.
- General Electric, USA: (Mark V ,Mark VI & Mark VIe)
- DCS (WDPF), USA. : (Oper.& Maintenance), Foxboro
- MACutils software.
- DCS (VALMET), U.K.: (Oper. / Maint.)
- DCS (BAILEY- INFI 90), U.K.: Oper. /Maint.
- SENTINEL / LA-RR1 G.T. Control System, U.K.
- PC S/W Packages: Excel, Access, Project, Ppoint, etc.
MARK VIe SYSTEM OVERVIEW & ARCHITECTURE
CIMPLICITY STARTUP AND NAVIGATION
ALARM TRACING using WorkstationST
TROUBLESHOOTING CIMPLICITY SCREENS
VIEWING TRIP LOG DATA
CONTROLLER CARD REPLACEMENT
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively. Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan