CIRCULATING FLUIDIZED BED BOILERS
26 – 28 FEBRUARY 2018, MANILA, PHILIPPINES
About The Course
This seminar will provide a comprehensive understanding of various types of circulating fluidized bed (CFB) boilers. All the components of CFB boilers including furnace, cyclones, economizers, superheaters, reheaters, ammonia injection systems, electrostatic precipitators, polishing dry scrubbers, fuel and sorbent feeding systems, bottom ash handling and extraction systems will be covered in detail. The design, selection considerations, operation, maintenance, diagnostic testing, troubleshooting, refurbishment, pay-back period, and economics as well as, emission limits, reliability, monitoring and control systems of CFB boilers will also be covered thoroughly. This seminar will focus on maximizing the efficiency, common problems and solutions, reliability, and longevity of CFB boilers by providing an understanding of the characteristics, selection criteria, common problems, and repair techniques, preventive and predictive maintenance. All the common problems encountered in CFB Boilers will be discussed in detail. This includes thermally induced failures, anchor system induced failures, water walls tube failures, NMEJ damages, clinker formation, refractory damages, APH tube cho ck-up. Solutions will be presented to each problem.
Several studies have confirmed that CFB boilers are the best method for power generation. This is due to their fuel flexibility, and lowest electricity cost among all types of boilers. This technology is in great demand due to various other advantages such as lower emissions as compared to other types of boilers and has a carbon footprint well below the norms laid down by the World Bank emission requirements. This seminar is a MUST for anyone who is involved in the selection, applications, or maintenance of circulating fluidized bed boilers, because it covers how this equipment operates, the latest maintenance techniques, and provides guidelines and rules that ensure succe ssful operation of CFB boilers. This seminar will also provide up-dated information in respect to all the significant improvements that have been made to this equipment during the last two decades.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Advantages: Gain a thorough understanding of the advantages of circulating fluidized bed boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boilers Components and Systems: Learn about all components and subsystems of the various types of circulating fluidized bed boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boilers Applications, Performance and Economics: Examine the applications, performance and economics of Circulating Fluidized Bed Boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Equipment: Learn about various equipment of circulating fluidized bed boilers including: furnaces, cyclones, economizers, superheaters, reheaters, ammonia injection systems, electrostatic precipitators, polishing dry scrubbers, fuel and sorbent feeding systems, bottom ash handling and extraction systems and materials.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boilers Maintenance: Learn all the maintenance activities required for circulating fluidized bed boilers, to minimize their operating cost and maximize their efficiency, reliability, and longevity.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boilers Environmental Emissions: Learn about the monitoring and control of environmental emissions from circulating fluidized boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boilers Instrumentation and Control Systems: Learn about the latest instrumentation and control systems of circulating fluidized bed boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boilers, Reliability and Testing: Increase your knowledge of predictive and preventive maintenance, reliability and testing of circulating fluidized bed boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boilers Selection and Applications: Gain a detailed understanding of the selection considerations and applications of circulating fluidized bed boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boilers Reliability, Refurbishment, and Life Extension Methods: Learn about the reliability, life cycle cost, profitability, refurbishment, and life extension methods for all types of circulating fluidized bed boilers.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boilers Commissioning: Understand all the commissioning requirements of circulating fluidized bed boiler.
- Circulating Fluidized Bed Boilers Codes and Standards: Learn all the codes and standards applicable for circulating fluidized bed boilers.
The instructor relies on a highly interactive training method to enhance the learning process. This method ensures that all the delegates gain a complete understanding of all the topics covered. The training environment is highly stimulating, challenging, and effective because the participants will learn by case studies which will allow them to apply the material taught to their own organizat ion.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
Course Faculty - Philip Kiameh
Has more than 32 years of practical engineering experience with Ontario Power Generation and as a Training Manager, has conduct courses and seminars, to more than 4,000 working engineers and professionals who consistently ranked him as “Excellent” or “Very Good”. Philip has also wrote 5 books for working engineers from which three have been published by McGraw-Hill, New York.
Philip Kiameh, M.A.Sc., B.Eng., D.Eng., P.Eng. (Canada) has been a teacher at University of Toronto and Dalhousie University, Canada for more than 25 years. In addition, Prof Kiameh has taught courses and seminars to more than four thousand working engineers and professionals around the world, specifically Europe and North America. Prof Kiameh has been consistently ranked as “Excellent” or “Very Good” by the delegates who attended his seminars and lectures.
Prof Kiameh wrote 5 books for working engineers from which three have been published by McGraw-Hill, New York. Below is a list of the books authored by Prof Kiameh:
1- Power Generation Handbook: Gas Turbines, Steam Power Plants, Co-generation, and Combined Cycles, second edition, (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, October 2011.
2- Electrical Equipment Handbook (600 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, March 2003.
3- Power Plant Equipment Operation and Maintenance Guide (800 pages), McGraw-Hill, New York, January 2012.
4- Industrial Instrumentation and Modern Control Systems (400 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999).
5- Industrial Equipment (600 pages), Custom Publishing, University of Toronto, University of Toronto, University of Toronto Custom Publishing (1999).
Prof. Kiameh has received the following awards:
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by Poweredge Pte Ltd Training Center, Singapore, December 2016
- The first “Excellence in Teaching” award offered by the Professional Development Center at University of Toronto (May, 1996).
- The “Excellence in Teaching Award” in April 2007 offered by TUV Akademie (TUV Akademie is one of the largest Professional Development centre in world, it is based in Germany and the United Arab Emirates, and provides engineering training to engineers and managers across Europe and the Middle East).
- Awarded graduation “With Distinction” from Dalhousie University when completed Bachelor of Engineering degree (1983).
- Entrance Scholarship to University of Ottawa (1984).
- Natural Science and Engineering Research Counsel (NSERC) scholarship towards Graduate studies – Master of Applied Science in Engineering (1984 – 1985).
Prof. Kiameh performed research on power generation equipment with Atomic Energy of Canada Limited at their Chalk River and Whiteshell Nuclear Research Laboratories. He also has more than 32 years of practical engineering experience with Ontario Power Generation (OPG – formerly, Ontario Hydro – the largest electric utility in North America). Prof. Kiameh retired from OPG in November 2016.
While working at Ontario Hydro, Prof. Kiameh acted as a Training Manager, Engineering Supervisor, System Responsible Engineer and Design Engineer. During the period of time that Prof Kiameh worked as a Field Engineer and Design Engineer, he was responsible for the operation, maintenance, diagnostics, and testing of gas turbines, steam turbines, generators, motors, transformers, inverters, valves, pumps, compressors, instrumentation and control systems. Further, his responsibilities included designing, engineering, diagnosing equipment problems and recommending solutions to repair deficiencies and improve system performance, supervising engineers, setting up preventive maintenance programs, writing Operating and Design Manuals, and commissioning new equipment.
Later, Prof Kiameh worked as the manager of a section dedicated to providing training for the staff at the power stations. The training provided by Prof Kiameh covered in detail the various equipment and systems used in power stations.
Professor Philip Kiameh was awarded his Bachelor of Engineering Degree “with distinction” from Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. He also received a Master of Applied Science in Engineering (M.A.Sc.) from the University of Ottawa, Canada. He is also a member of the Association of Professional Engineers in the province of Ontario, Canada.
Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler
Components and Systems
Applications, Performance and Economics Equipment Maintenance
Environmental Emissions Instrumentation and Control Systems
Reliability and Testing
Selection and Applications
Reliability, Refurbishment, and Life
Codes and Standards
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan