HV SUBSTATION DESIGN
Comprehensive and interactive course on relay protection in power systems, incorporating fault analysis, protection requirements, various protection systems up to the latest state of the art microprocessor technology
30 MAY – 3 JUNE 2016, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
About The Course
HV Substations play an important role in the electric power systems. A properly planned and designed substation is essential for the reliable operation of a power system network. A new substation would need to be built to meet the requirements of growing loads and operation under changing competitive markets. Upgrading of existing substations would require a comprehensive knowledge of the substation as well as the power system(s).
This course covers all aspects of medium and high voltage substation design including regulatory requirements and general design considerations from feasibility through technical specification and tendering to the detail design. A practical understanding of planning, design, technical specification application and a step by step approach of the substation design process is explained as well as design documentation for each design stage.
Health & safety and environmental issues relevant for the design are covered in this comprehensive course.
- Learn the latest criteria and practical techniques for the design of HV substations
- Understand a step by step approach of the substation design process from initial site survey, substation concept, technical specification to the detail design of equipment
- Gain knowledge of the technical requirements, configuration philosophies
- Gain knowledge of design practices and work processes
- Learn how to specify equipment for a new substation
- Learn how to manage substation design
- Have a comprehensive understanding of substation components
- Gain knowledge of substation layout and busbar design
- Help engineers and technicians to work with confidence to ensure continuous supply with complete reliability by
- minimizing interruptions
- Understand the safety considerations of substations
- Understand the environmental aspects of substation design and critical factors involved
- Gain knowledge of reliability considerations and maintenance considerations in the design stage
- Understand the technical aspects involved in the selection of major equipment in substations
- Gain knowledge of substation earthing design
- Understand design documentation from general arrangement to schematic diagrams
- Learn how to manage the design
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for:
- Design Engineers/Technicians
- Industrial and Utility Engineers/Technicians
- Managers of design engineering departments
- Electrical Engineers/Technicians
- Commissioning Engineers/Technicians
- Consulting Engineers/Technicians
- Planners of Power Systems
- Project Engineers
- Safety Professionals
- Others who want a knowledge of a substation design
Course Faculty - Jelica Polimac
Jelica Polimac, Master of Science Engineer, acted as a Design Engineer, and Advanced Commissioning Officer for many projects in the United Kingdom for transmission, distribution and transportation projects.
With over 30 years of overall experience in the design, procurement, erection, commissioning and refurbishment of major power projects her technical expertise includes design and commissioning of power plant, protection, control, and asset management.
Jelica was responsible for the conceptual design, protection & control philosophy, feasibility studies, technical specification, tender evaluation, design, design reviews, commissioning with the first energisation and liaison with major contractors including ABB, Siemens, Alstom, Areva and Schneider.
Working for the leading companies such as Parsons Brinkerhoff, Mott McDonald, London Underground, Kennedy & Dunking, London Electricity, Mitsubishi, she provided a high quality service for multidisciplinary projects for power plants, 400kV and 275kV transmission substations, distribution substations from 132kV to 11kV, consumer systems and transportation.
She identifies problems, formulates creative solutions, and sees technical and economical concepts through from inception to completion.
Jelica also gained experience in Asset management, and reliability assessment such as strategy and assessment of reliability in the 22/11/0.4kV underground railway network, age profile for key assets in the network, policy and implementation of assets renewals and upgrades.
Jelica has published a number of technical papers presented at international technical conferences in Europe and America.
“Great job in explaining protection concepts” – Engineer. Keppel FELS Ltd
“Very good training to know the basics & principles of protection” – Project Manager, Siemens Pte Ltd
“Comprehensive, good introduction course to the fresh engineer in power system & protection industry” – Electrical Engineer, Chiyoda Singapore Pte Ltd
“Very specific well organize material relay protection training.Most important is conducted by very experienced chartered engineer kudos to poweredge & trainer” – Electrical Engineer, Carigali Hess Operating Company Sdn Bhd
This training course has a limited attendance for up to 20 participants only. Sessions commence at 9am on all days, with short intervals at 10.30am and 3.30pm respectively. Refreshments will be provided in the short intervals. Lunch will be provided at 12:30pm for 1 hour. Sessions will end at 5pm on all days.
Unique Features with powerEDGE Training
• Pre-Course Questionnaire to help us focus on your learning objectives
• Detailed Course & Reference Manual for Continuous Learning and Sharing
• Practical Exercises & Case Examples to better understand the principles
• Limited class size to ensure One-to-One Interactivity
• Assessment at the end of the course to help you develop a Personal Action Plan